altrouge

I have no idea what I have now..

..maybe I have none and I'm just imagining things?

When I first got here I was convinced that I had Social Anxiety Disorder and Anti-social problems. But then I was looking at the clusters and I was convinced that I had other things than that. Then I posted a problem about a sleep disorder I have and Gilly thought that maybe I have depression. I searched around Google and looked at the symptoms and I had most of it and even nearly all of it except the s*****al thoughts. I do think about though if what will happen if I die and things like that. I have never thought before that I might have depression because I usually have the anxiety stuff and I thought I was just imagining a lot when it comes to me dying and those things, but after looking at the symptoms the physical ones really fit me. I don't care about my social life, I'm often bored, anxious, I'm always fatigued etc.

Can anyone help me evaluate on what I really have?

Hi Alt ! Well I know when my anxiety was at its height , I was depressed. I would not call it true ' clinical depression' but the anxiety was so bad and debilitating that I was just so exhausted and felt without hope, that I could feel I was depressed. As in :

Will this ever end?

How can I go on like this?

My life has nothing of value, only anxiety ?

These kind of thoughts are depression, but they were CLEARLY brought about by the extreme anxiety.

I was not down and crying and sleeping all the time. I was just so bogged down by the anxiety, I could

not see the road forward.

I hope this helps ! :)

When you say you don't care about your social life...is it because you just really do not care to see friends and go out?

Or is it actually because your anxiety is so bad you don't think you'd be able to go out and enjoy yourself without

panicking, so you just choose to stay in ?

I agree with joy, it does sound like your anxiety has worn you down, and depression has set in. I did think it sounded like depression, still do. It is very common for depression to follow a long period of anxiety, it is draining and hard to cope with. Feel better xx

I agree with joy, it does sound like your anxiety has worn you down, and depression has set in. I did think it sounded like depression, still do. It is very common for depression to follow a long period of anxiety, it is draining and hard to cope with. Feel better xx

I'm not sure Gilly, this has been going on for a long long time.. =/

When you say you don't care about your social life...is it because you just really do not care to see friends and go out?

Or is it actually because your anxiety is so bad you don't think you'd be able to go out and enjoy yourself without

panicking, so you just choose to stay in ?

I mean, like there was a period of time where I didn't go out at all. I stopped going to school, refused to see friends and refused to go back to class even if my class tutor was visiting me at home. I just felt like there was no point in it. This happened when I was 14 until I was around 16. I barely talk to my friends and my own family. This is all still happening but it wasn't as bad as before. I don't know what that means though.

Uhh, this is what I was referring to, it's what's written as one of the symptoms on depression on the site that I found on Google :

"• Loss of interest in hobbies, family or social life"

It's possible you have suffered both anxiety and depression all this time, they can go hand in hand. Our bodies go through all kinds of changes in out teens and early 20's that can have an affect on your mind and mood. I do think the best thing is to try your best to see a doctor, let a professional assess you.

Depression, sleep problems and anxiety are interrelated. Most people who suffer from depression also suffer from anxiety and vice versa. Feeling anxious socially and being afraid of going out is depressing, you can easily develop depression if you have social anxiety. The positive is that by overcoming social anxiety you will probably overcome your depression as well.

Thanks everyone. My flight to my father's country would be next week Wednesday so I'm really going forward to going to a doctor there and get me diagnosed and get me some help.