Sign in to follow this  
Canopy

Greetings

I live in Kingston, Ontario.  I have GAD, SAD, HFA and depression.  My anxiety is really getting to me lately.  I think it's because of the winter weather.  It's just not as easy to walk around with all the ice and that's one of the ways I deal with anxiety.  

Anyway, greetings to all!

Hi Canopy and welcome :)

My anxiety also gets worse due to weather but mine is in the Summer (I live in a hot part of Australia)

Maybe you could try to exercise in the house? I know its not the same but it may get the endorphins flowing and take the edge off.

There's lots of forums with advice and friendly people so I hope you find it helpful :) Take care x

Hi canopy and welcome to AC. You guys in Canada must be some of the hardiest on earth. If we get to -2C here we moan! No snow as yet just cold (at least not in the south east), and hard frosts, but compared with you probably quite mild. Yes, we are all subject to the weather. We are human and live on the earth which goes through cycles so why should we not?  I know how much better I feel when the sun shines in the spring and you can actually feel the warmth. Autumn (Fall), is not for me as it is like going into a tunnel, although there is always a light at the end. Good to have you with us. Come back and talk when you want. Having a good vent on here helps and we all understand how you feel. We have all been there and done that!      Jon