Sign in to follow this  
Always-onguard

Input on shortness of breath needed.

Ok so I get this feeling of SOB that I haven't been able to explain, or doctors for that matter. It comes out of nowhere and I haven't been able to find a trigger. It feels like I can't feel the air go in and out of my airways from my nose to my lungs. Almost as if I was in a vacuum or something where the air has no mass. It can be present all day or off and on all day. I'm don't wheeze, my bp and heart rate are normal and I'm not turning blue or anything. Anyone have any insight to this. Oh, and it happens wether or not I'm feeling anxiety. Thanks.

• Like 1

Anxiety, whether you feel it or not. You are shallow breathing, it can become habitual to an anxiety sufferer. My husband suffers from it a lot, and can I get him to try some breathing exercises? No. He is so stubborn. Try some breathing exercises, there is a good video under the resources and even more on youtube. You may not know it until you notice the difference that this is what you have been doing.

• Like 1

I think I know what you mean? I get this too.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what it could be, other than a sub-conscious stress/anxiety symptom?

As long as you know that it isn't related to your heart or circulatory system or anything, then that is reassuring at least. 

What I do is just take deep breaths in through the nose, out through the mouth, and make sure I'm comfortable and relaxed when doing so.

I'm sorry I could not be much more help, but hope you don't have to suffer this much longer.

x

I agree with both of them and it sounds like anxiety. Just remember it mimics everything. I dont get shortness of breath but i do get a tighness feeling in the chest. It took me a long time to accept the fact that its caused by anxiety.