thereal_me

Anyone experience tingling/weird sensations in one area of body?

Has anyone experienced tingling or weird sensations only in one area? For a couple weeks now I have noticed my right foot tingling a bit and kinda feeling warm. 

Occasionally it moves to the left for, but like 80% of the time it is my right one. It definitely comes and goes. Obviously when I Sri p thinking about it it goes away, but have e heard that anxiety usually presents itself with tingling in many parts of the body. 
Has anyone had tingling mostly in just one part of the body? 

Yes! Right now, I can feel heaviness/warmth/coldness/stabbing in my left breast. I've been in the middle of an inflammatory breast cancer scare for about two months, and I'm not sure if what I'm feeling are symptoms or just anxiety. I've heard that anxiety can cause tingling and weird symptoms particularly in areas that you're hyperfocused on. 

I have had this for sure and like a lot. A few years ago I had tingling, pain and numbness in my left foot in only one spot. I went to the doctor...basically (get this) it was a pinched nerve in my foot. I kid you not. A quick (and painful) shot of cortisone and it never came back. That wasn't anxiety related...it was the real deal, but something completely benign. Then fast forward a few years and I was going through a scare...called back for a mammo...and suddenly my right foot wasn't working. I couldn't feel it, it was dropping, I was basically slapping it across the ground. I remember distinctly walking into the mammo place dragging my right foot and being unable to walk but trying not to worry about that because I had a bigger worry with the call back. Now wait for it...as soon as I got the "all clear" the issue with my right foot completely...and I mean completely resolved itself. Boom..cured..fixed. It was so real. I couldn't move it. I couldn't feel it. I was slapping it around. I had the dreaded foot drop. It was tingly weird...it was awful. That one was anxiety related. Go figure...and of the two, the most dramatic one was the second (anxiety related one). Besides anxiety doing weirdo things, the other moral of the story is weird sensations aren't just automatically dire...sometimes there's just a kink in the nerve, some pinched area somewhere that a little anti-inflammatory injection will solve almost immediately. Hang in there and keep us posted.

• Like 1

Yeah, for the past 3 months I get this intense burning and stinging sensation in my feet, legs, lower back, and sometimes stomach when I am too anxious. No idea why. The more I think about it, the more intense it gets, to the point where I need to just remove myself from a social situation to collect myself, then I go back. After that I usually feel good enough to not excuse myself. At night when I’m home alone and it gets too warm in my apartment my body and feet get super sensitive to the point of burning and itching all over. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable and there is no clear strategy or thing to do to get it to stop. I sort of just “take it” and wait until it stops. Usually it doesn’t completely stop though, the feeling still lingers a bit. Eventually it does stop.... until I get into another stressed or whatever situation and it comes back. Process just keeps repeating itself for months now... real fun lol..  I’m finally going to go to a doctor about this though. Interested to see what he says. It’s so sad I have such a problem like this. Like honestly I don’t even know what this is, it sounds so god damn silly writing exactly how this manifests, but it is so god damn real. The sensations are so powerful and real. So painfully annoying, I am not making that up for sure

19 hours ago, PennyPanic said:

I have had this for sure and like a lot. A few years ago I had tingling, pain and numbness in my left foot in only one spot. I went to the doctor...basically (get this) it was a pinched nerve in my foot. I kid you not. A quick (and painful) shot of cortisone and it never came back. That wasn't anxiety related...it was the real deal, but something completely benign. Then fast forward a few years and I was going through a scare...called back for a mammo...and suddenly my right foot wasn't working. I couldn't feel it, it was dropping, I was basically slapping it across the ground. I remember distinctly walking into the mammo place dragging my right foot and being unable to walk but trying not to worry about that because I had a bigger worry with the call back. Now wait for it...as soon as I got the "all clear" the issue with my right foot completely...and I mean completely resolved itself. Boom..cured..fixed. It was so real. I couldn't move it. I couldn't feel it. I was slapping it around. I had the dreaded foot drop. It was tingly weird...it was awful. That one was anxiety related. Go figure...and of the two, the most dramatic one was the second (anxiety related one). Besides anxiety doing weirdo things, the other moral of the story is weird sensations aren't just automatically dire...sometimes there's just a kink in the nerve, some pinched area somewhere that a little anti-inflammatory injection will solve almost immediately. Hang in there and keep us posted.

2 hours ago, mimifourtimes said:

Yes, I have been experiencing it in my right leg.

Interesting guys! I have always noticed that when I keep my mind busy I don’t realize it or feel it as much. Not sure if that’s a great way to say it’s anxiety or what. Has anyone heard of hyper focusing on symptoms? Does it make it worse?

I have a tingling in both legs that tends to creep up as well as a burning sensation in my bottom are and the outside of my thighs. No actual numbness or weakness, just tingling and a vibrating tension feeling. I hope it's just my anxiety. It's been bad for the past four months and this symptom started a month ago. I've had this before a few years back and got sent to nerve conduction study as well as an MRI of the spine. I have to go back to see a neurologist but that's not until March. Since I don't have other symptoms it doesn't seem to be urgent so I'm trying to tell myself that it's really just my anxiety. I don't know what caused it really but maybe someone here can enlighten me. I've also had cronic pain in my neck and shoulders since this started, so double the anxiety. I guess where others get dry mouthed and short of breath I get tingly. I definitely tingle like crazy during a panic attack so this is the low volume version. I quite simmer always in the background. Moving helps, like riding my bike and walking but it comes back soon after. Some days better than others. My doctor doesn't believe that anxiety and stress can cause this so I'll be going for tests which is fine by me. It does scare me. And round and round we go. 

4 hours ago, pistachio said:

I have a tingling in both legs that tends to creep up as well as a burning sensation in my bottom are and the outside of my thighs. No actual numbness or weakness, just tingling and a vibrating tension feeling. I hope it's just my anxiety. It's been bad for the past four months and this symptom started a month ago. I've had this before a few years back and got sent to nerve conduction study as well as an MRI of the spine. I have to go back to see a neurologist but that's not until March. Since I don't have other symptoms it doesn't seem to be urgent so I'm trying to tell myself that it's really just my anxiety. I don't know what caused it really but maybe someone here can enlighten me. I've also had cronic pain in my neck and shoulders since this started, so double the anxiety. I guess where others get dry mouthed and short of breath I get tingly. I definitely tingle like crazy during a panic attack so this is the low volume version. I quite simmer always in the background. Moving helps, like riding my bike and walking but it comes back soon after. Some days better than others. My doctor doesn't believe that anxiety and stress can cause this so I'll be going for tests which is fine by me. It does scare me. And round and round we go. 

Hey good luck. For the past few months I’ve been dealing with a strange itch/sting/pain sensation in my feet, legs, lower back, stomach. I get no relief from creams or pills, only thing that helps is deep breathing and meditation during an attack. Leads me to believe that it is mainly anxiety related. I try not to think about it much, but it can be very annoying and brings down the rest of my day whenever I experience it. Once it hits me, it tends to stay on my mind for the rest of the day. I think that’s due to the type of personality I have which is to fixate on little things in my life that bother me...

Anyway good luck!

8 hours ago, thereal_me said:

Anyone?

Focusing on the sensation makes it worse me. Absolutely worse. I’ve found relief from deep breathing and meditation. Slow breaths, count them in your mind, fully relax all your muscles. 30-60 seconds of that and I can’t feel much anymore

I have had tingling in my hands for 7 years and my feet for 2 years. I started having tingling in my right leg, I get tingling in my right leg too and my tongue. My doc thinks its a B12 deficiency. It drives me crazy and the only day I had no tingling is when I took 2 servings of a multivitamin (under doctors supervision)... I guess mine is a vitamin or mineral. But the tingling that drives me crazy is the tingling of my tongue that comes and goes.