maria26

Extrene fatigue

Please guys has anyone had constant extreme fatigue, feel sob as if it is sticking below sternum, heart racing feel weak  I am so scared  have been under lots of stress for 5 years but this is awful  I have bad health anxiety and am Imaging every sort of cancer  used a steroid nasal spray for a weak and it seemed to make this all worse  I had felt tired before but not like this  Feel like I have  no energy at all.  I am asthmatic and use Qvar 2 puffs a day so wondered if the steroids have  made me feel so tired  Just clutching at straws I guess  Have had this in past for short spells not all day   Please if anyone else suffers like this please help  Just talking makes me feel breatless but CO2 stas normal

34 minutes ago, maria26 said:

Please guys has anyone had constant extreme fatigue, feel sob as if it is sticking below sternum, heart racing feel weak  I am so scared  have been under lots of stress for 5 years but this is awful  I have bad health anxiety and am Imaging every sort of cancer  used a steroid nasal spray for a weak and it seemed to make this all worse  I had felt tired before but not like this  Feel like I have  no energy at all.  I am asthmatic and use Qvar 2 puffs a day so wondered if the steroids have  made me feel so tired  Just clutching at straws I guess  Have had this in past for short spells not all day   Please if anyone else suffers like this please help  Just talking makes me feel breatless but CO2 stas normal

If you are using a nasal spray I am guessing you also have allergies. Allergies this time of year can make you really tired.

Anxiety is draining. It takes a lot of energy to cope with worry and fear. Nervous exhaustion is what it's called. I doubt if steroids would make you so tired but anxiety certainly will. Rest as much as you can but most importantly rest your mind. If your worries are specific then try and resolve them. If it's general anxiety it's more difficult to cope with. 'Free floating anxiety' will settle on anything, and what is normal will often seem wrong. Can you practise acceptance?  Just allow it to happen without responding with fear at every little twinge or upset? It's the continual fear that leads to the symptoms you have. Take it easy for a while, if that's possible, and you will gradually regain strength, but only if you stop anticipating what MIGHT happen. You are having medication so you have seen a doctor. If any illness has been ruled out then the racing heart, (a classic anxiety symptom), and all the other feelings are anxiety. Fear and the feelings and emotions of anxiety never killed anyone, but they can make life miserable. Go slowly. Deep breaths when you feel symptoms. Have you had any counselling? Five years is a long time to be under stress so it's no wonder you are tired. You will be fine. Give it time.

• Like 1

Jonathan  thank you for your reply.  I did smile as we are both from Kent Uk  feel bit better today but have a terrible cancer phobia which is hard to deal with