altrouge

I finally found out!

It took forever since my last post here, my apologies. I'm currently on a different country and I don't have any source of internet connection unless I waste my phone credits so..

Anyway, today was my first day with the psychiatrist. I remember telling you guys about my problems and what I think I have.. Well apparently I have Social Phobia that kept going on for years that I eventually also developed depression. I have been prescribed Escitalopram (Lexapro) and I will start taking them tomorrow. She said that it would take 6 to 8 months for me so I'm just hoping for the best :)

That's great! I'm really happy you have gotten your diagnosis :) It can make all the difference to know what you are dealing with and be treated accordingly. Good luck, hope you start to feel better soon!

I'm glad that you have a diagnosis too. It really does help when you know what you're working with. I understand struggling and not really knowing why. I hope the medication helps you.

Being diagnosed can be an uplifting experience because you finally know what is wrong with you. However, I'm concerned about your doctor prescribing drugs to deal with the phobia. Becoming dependent on drugs to cope socially is not a long term solution. You need to undergo Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to overcome your social phobia.

I think one of the Cracked list spoke about the epipany of finally finding out what is wrong. Personally I'm the sort of coward who'll step around an issue given half a chance. That said I am happy that you are happy and I hope your problems are dealt with sooner rather than later.

Thank you everyone. Sorry I haven't been here for long, I have been really busy lately. Sadly, I am not taking my medications. I simply cannot take the side effects and I can't do anything after I've taken it because I really feel unwell. I know I'm supposed to take it but..

Being diagnosed can be an uplifting experience because you finally know what is wrong with you. However, I'm concerned about your doctor prescribing drugs to deal with the phobia. Becoming dependent on drugs to cope socially is not a long term solution. You need to undergo Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to overcome your social phobia.

I was worried about that, especially because I know there are side effects, and I am getting it. I called my doctor the next day and told her if I could go to CBT instead rather than taking medication because the side effects are bothering me, and she said that I can't stop my medication since I've had this problem since I was in primary school and it's best to do CBT when I'm already in the middle of my medication.

Hey Alt nice to see you :) Talk to your doctor again, I'd make an appt. It might be that a different med would work better for you without the side effects you had. Don't be scared to tell them, it's your body, your health.

Hey Alt nice to see you :) Talk to your doctor again, I'd make an appt. It might be that a different med would work better for you without the side effects you had. Don't be scared to tell them, it's your body, your health.

I did call her about it and that's what she said, she was out of the country the last time I was there and I'm back in Ireland now so.. Since stopping I have been thinking and I might try again starting tomorrow. I was advised to take it in the morning but I'll try to take it in the evening so it wouldn't hinder my daily activities.

:edit:

Actually I tried this just now and the nausea is still awful. Also woke up the next morning feeling like I have a hungover.

:another edit:

Well did it again this morning now, along with Motilium and this seems to work for me.