Hello all. I know I'm usually talking about anxiety or panic attacks but as of lately I've been worrying myself back into a depression. I have so many things I worry about such as what am I going do as a career? Will I be happy with the job I choose? What am I going to do when my parents pass? How long am I going to live? Am I living life to the full potential? And that's just the surface. At times I've been feeling like I have no way out and sometimes the s****dal thoughts pop in. Even though I know its not right and I'm not going to do it I just feel lonely and backed into a corner. Like ive lost my bright outlook on life. Is this depression creeping its way back? I haven't been saying much about it lately as I usually overcome it but sense I'm 18 going on 19 its like the whole world of responsibilities have come crashing down on me and i feel like it will be impossible to enjoy life like I did through childhood. I guess maybe I'm just dealing with normal adult life and kind of throwing daily stresses out of proportion? Anyways any input is greatly appreciated. Just not a great day I guess.

Hello all. I know I'm usually talking about anxiety or panic attacks but as of lately I've been worrying myself back into a depression. I have so many things I worry about such as what am I going do as a career? Will I be happy with the job I choose? What am I going to do when my parents pass? How long am I going to live? Am I living life to the full potential? And that's just the surface. At times I've been feeling like I have no way out and sometimes the s****dal thoughts pop in. Even though I know its not right and I'm not going to do it I just feel lonely and backed into a corner. Like ive lost my bright outlook on life. Is this depression creeping its way back? I haven't been saying much about it lately as I usually overcome it but sense I'm 18 going on 19 its like the whole world of responsibilities have come crashing down on me and i feel like it will be impossible to enjoy life like I did through childhood. I guess maybe I'm just dealing with normal adult life and kind of throwing daily stresses out of proportion? Anyways any input is greatly appreciated. Just not a great day I guess.

Plus my anxiety has been really high lately as well with panic attacks on and off.

Hi James,

I am 21 and I went through the exact same thing along with other stuff too, but I get how you feel. I was terrified of entering the big wide world and I felt so small and tiny compared to everything else. I felt so overwhelmed with all of the responsibilities I had to deal with as well. But I find that if you learnt to accept that life happens and it sometimes sucks and sometimes its amazing as well, it gets a bit easier.

Just deal with one thing at a time and trust me I know its really hard but its important to do that. Life is overwhelming sometimes but there are things that are not worth stressing about. I know that is easier said than done, I still stress about majority of things but I have slowly learnt to accept that life happens and there is not a whole lot you can do about it. 

You can achieve great things and I promise you you will get better and that it will be okay. I was s******l for many years but now I am not as I have learnt to battle them and learnt to work with myself not against myself. 

You are a wonderful person with amazing qualities and with such a bright future. Dont let the world frighten you, look upon life as an adventure :) 

I am so sympathetic with you and I believe in you so much. You can get through it with the right support and by trusting yourself :)

Feel free to personal message me if you want :) and keep fighting, you can do this! There's no such word as 'can't' okay?

You can.

xx

• Like 1

Hi James,

I am 21 and I went through the exact same thing along with other stuff too, but I get how you feel. I was terrified of entering the big wide world and I felt so small and tiny compared to everything else. I felt so overwhelmed with all of the responsibilities I had to deal with as well. But I find that if you learnt to accept that life happens and it sometimes sucks and sometimes its amazing as well, it gets a bit easier.

Just deal with one thing at a time and trust me I know its really hard but its important to do that. Life is overwhelming sometimes but there are things that are not worth stressing about. I know that is easier said than done, I still stress about majority of things but I have slowly learnt to accept that life happens and there is not a whole lot you can do about it. 

You can achieve great things and I promise you you will get better and that it will be okay. I was s******l for many years but now I am not as I have learnt to battle them and learnt to work with myself not against myself. 

You are a wonderful person with amazing qualities and with such a bright future. Dont let the world frighten you, look upon life as an adventure :) 

I am so sympathetic with you and I believe in you so much. You can get through it with the right support and by trusting yourself :)

Feel free to personal message me if you want :) and keep fighting, you can do this! There's no such word as 'can't' okay?

You can.

xx

Thank you so much for the reply! That was really motivational actually just hearing that from you gave me hope. I'm actually feeling like taking up a job or trade that I like and maybe boost my self esteem. I'm glad to hear that you got through this because it is a huge fight but I've heard from other people that once you do win you feel like you never have before. I am definitely ready to look at life in an accepting way instead of fighting it. Again thank you.