Sign in to follow this  
NovemberTrue

Prozac Side Effects?

As I mentioned before, I’ve been struggling with muscle twitching and anxiety for months now. I started Prozac a little over six weeks ago and aside from a little sleepiness and lightheadedness, I was feeling better. Until this week. I had noticed every now and then for the past few weeks my head would have a mild tremor in social settings. It wasn’t every time and would last just a few seconds. I just thought it would get better with the Prozac eventually. This week it began getting worse. Monday i had a violent head tremor episode when eating lunch with a friend. So, I called my dr who upped my dose. By Thursday I was having tremors 4-5 times a day. It feels almost like a mini seizure. My neck locks up and my head tremors but I’m fully conscious of everything around me. It lasts for just a couple of seconds but is beyond unnerving. The muscle twitching all over my body has also worsened in the last week. I called my dr back yesterday, and she told me to stop the Prozac but that she didn’t believe it could be causing the issue. She though that I needed to keep my appointment with the neurologist but that this could be all related to my anxiety. Has anyone had this side effect? Or is this another sign this could be ALS? I’m starting to feel like I can’t go out in social settings in fear that I will have another tremor episode. 

My wife is a pharmacist and she said tremors and anxiety can be side effects.