Sign in to follow this  
Angelica Schuyler

Are You There, AC? It’s Me, Angie

It’s been awhile, hasn’t it? I’m sorry I’ve been MIA. When the board went down, I tried to find a new place to go, then started feeling ok and got wrapped up in my wedding and work and then the virus and the rest of the ways the world is falling apart. I’ve had a few hypochondria scares recently and was happy to see that this place was back.

I have a new problem, of course. I have a sharp, pinpointed pain on the left side of my throat when I swallow. At first, I thought it was right behind my tonsil, but now it feels like it might be further back? It’s not disruptive, just THERE. I can’t identify any problems with my throat in the mirror save, maybe, a nodule on the fold behind my tonsil. I can’t be sure.

I’m no stranger to GERD and post-nasal drip but, of course, I’m panicking over the thought of throat or esophageal cancer. Work obligations and COVID concerns make running to various doctors NOT something I want to do.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! I tried salt water last night and it did provide a little relief. Maybe it pushed back whatever the problem is? Still sharp pinpoint pain on swallowing.

It may just be a throat irritation from something you ate, maybe allergy related, post nasal drip, GERD, etc. I would give it a little time and see if it improves. My physician has told me to give things a little time, unless they get worse or become really bothersome.