Sign in to follow this  
garypayton

hypochondriac, now it's colon cancer time!

Recommended Posts

hi guys,

i'm a first timer, italian, 38 years old, apparently healthy. This year I pratically diagnosed on myself all kind of cancers and issues. From multiple sclerosis to an anal cancer when I had a lump in my anus that turned out to be a thrombosed hemmoroids that now disappeared.

Now, in the last month, my concern has been my colon. I started having bloating after a south american trip, bloating than now has gone, but my stools still look awkward, in the morning i go to the bathroom and i do little broken pieces, that infamously is considered a symptom of colon occlusion (even if i read on a book that actually is more of a misundersting and it does not represent a clear symptoms of colon cancer), then in the afternoon the stool is more of a normal shape and type.

Still i feel like the quantity of my daily stool has decreased.

This morning, checking my stool, in one of the little pieces i had, i saw something like a blood string,  jelly, red. I tried to pick it up in my fingers, It went away with the water when i washed my hands.

I panicked so much, i nearly fell on the floor. I still don't know if it was blood (my mind tells me it was) or tomato, since yesterday in my lunch i ate pasta with tomato and i am also taking  charcoal, whose side effect is to leave pieces of food in the stool.

I just don't know guys, i feel horrible. My anxiety is ruining my life, my wife has a lot of pacience but i feel like soon it will end, i cannot do anything i think 24-7 about me and my possible illness, now i'm pretty sure i have colon cancer, it's something i can't take off my mind. I will try to see a gastroenterologist as soon as possible, but it's never too soon for my anxiety, i feel like i need to be checked totally now, in this second.

Could it just been tomato in my stool?  Reality and nightmares just go together in my life, i can't distinguish one from the other.

 

Thanks for your support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, garypayton said:

hi guys,

i'm a first timer, italian, 38 years old, apparently healthy. This year I pratically diagnosed on myself all kind of cancers and issues. From multiple sclerosis to an anal cancer when I had a lump in my anus that turned out to be a thrombosed hemmoroids that now disappeared.

Now, in the last month, my concern has been my colon. I started having bloating after a south american trip, bloating than now has gone, but my stools still look awkward, in the morning i go to the bathroom and i do little broken pieces, that infamously is considered a symptom of colon occlusion (even if i read on a book that actually is more of a misundersting and it does not represent a clear symptoms of colon cancer), then in the afternoon the stool is more of a normal shape and type.

Still i feel like the quantity of my daily stool has decreased.

This morning, checking my stool, in one of the little pieces i had, i saw something like a blood string,  jelly, red. I tried to pick it up in my fingers, It went away with the water when i washed my hands.

I panicked so much, i nearly fell on the floor. I still don't know if it was blood (my mind tells me it was) or tomato, since yesterday in my lunch i ate pasta with tomato and i am also taking  charcoal, whose side effect is to leave pieces of food in the stool.

I just don't know guys, i feel horrible. My anxiety is ruining my life, my wife has a lot of pacience but i feel like soon it will end, i cannot do anything i think 24-7 about me and my possible illness, now i'm pretty sure i have colon cancer, it's something i can't take off my mind. I will try to see a gastroenterologist as soon as possible, but it's never too soon for my anxiety, i feel like i need to be checked totally now, in this second.

Could it just been tomato in my stool?  Reality and nightmares just go together in my life, i can't distinguish one from the other.

 

Thanks for your support.

Sounds like tomato to me. I've learned to flush and go. If I look I'll find something. I have to do that with my whole body or I'll be a wreck. Sorry to hear your dealing with this. My husband is beyond over it so I know what your saying about your wife. This forum is a great place to reach out and get advice and just have someone who understands who doesn't think your crazy. Rest assured your ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could definitely be tomato skin....also if you went to south america maybe you picked up up a parasite.... this happened to me when I went to mexico.... it showed in a stool test my doctor did... he prescribed flagyl and then I was back to normal.... yes I also don't study my stools anymore, I used to do that and it drove me crazy. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Leah1976 said:

could definitely be tomato skin....also if you went to south america maybe you picked up up a parasite.... this happened to me when I went to mexico.... it showed in a stool test my doctor did... he prescribed flagyl and then I was back to normal.... yes I also don't study my stools anymore, I used to do that and it drove me crazy. Good luck!

Yes i tought about that too, since the bloating symptoms began when i was down there, i defenitely must do a stool exam for parasite. can i ask what were your symptoms?

 

my question, while i wait for the gastro next week is, what really is a REAL change in bowel movement? Me, for example, i go like a clock, morning when i wake up and afertnoon between 5 and 6 pm. Isn't that a good sign? i don't have uncontrolled movements. My only concern is the type of stool, one week ago was creamy in the morning (sorry for being gross) and more formed in the afternoon. Now it's small pieces in the morning and bigger pieces in the afternoon. 

I am also thinking maybe the chaorcal i have been taking lately is changing my stool. 

I am happy to know i'm not the only one with this anxiety problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, garypayton said:

 

Yes i tought about that too, since the bloating symptoms began when i was down there, i defenitely must do a stool exam for parasite. can i ask what were your symptoms?

 

my question, while i wait for the gastro next week is, what really is a REAL change in bowel movement? Me, for example, i go like a clock, morning when i wake up and afertnoon between 5 and 6 pm. Isn't that a good sign? i don't have uncontrolled movements. My only concern is the type of stool, one week ago was creamy in the morning (sorry for being gross) and more formed in the afternoon. Now it's small pieces in the morning and bigger pieces in the afternoon. 

I am also thinking maybe the chaorcal i have been taking lately is changing my stool. 

I am happy to know i'm not the only one with this anxiety problems.

if you are taking charcoal that would make a change,,,, also anything you eat will change the consistency of stools... lots of fruit veggies can make it runnier, softer... lots of meat and cheese harder.... colors are different too... you get the picture, right? please don't worry about this changes are normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well guys,

 

after this morning i woke up and went to the bathroom perfectly (great stool lol), i was feeling fine and tried no to get anxious. But it looks like i'm not so lucky. In the morning i had a shake that i always have for the gym (2 eggs, protein powder, peanuts butter) and then after i ate pasta for lunch i had to go to the bathroom and i had a mild diarrea episode.

My mom laughs at me saying anybody would have these kind of episodes having the shake i have in the morning...And frankly is the first time i have this powder and i put it in my shake. So a logic person would think that was the reason

 

BUT since i'm not in a logic moment of my life, the worst thoughts fullfilled my mind again, and i'm thinking again that this wouldn't happen to an healthy person, that i must have colon cancer,  that i should have a total check right now, that i can't wait one week for the gastro appointment, and then at the same time i'm scared he will tell me to do a colonscopy, because if he says so then he 's thinking that i have something serious....then i think that if he won't examinate me much i will keep with my anxiety...

Horrible, i'm in the hole again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this