Cb1993

New symptoms

So last 2 weeks I have some brand new symptoms that I'm sure are neurological. Random headaches on the right side of my head with a sore spot right on the top right side. The right side of my face also feels swollen and pressurized especially behind my eye and I have tinnitis (ears ringing). This has all been on and off with varying levels of being present. This morning I woke up with a headache and the ear ringing which I have heard is a sign of cancer/tumor. I have been spiraling so much lately that I can barely eat I feel sick all the time. I just had a visit with my dr last week for a general check up and didn't mention anything. I have an opthamalagist appt Monday and I'm hoping they will refer me to a neurologist as I've had a condition since birth that makes it hard to tell if I'm having neurological problems by looking at my eyes (which usually you can). I just feel like I'm losing it thinking about this constantly. Should I just go to urgent care? What if it's something that cannot wait til Monday?

1 hour ago, Cb1993 said:

So last 2 weeks I have some brand new symptoms that I'm sure are neurological. Random headaches on the right side of my head with a sore spot right on the top right side. The right side of my face also feels swollen and pressurized especially behind my eye and I have tinnitis (ears ringing). This has all been on and off with varying levels of being present. This morning I woke up with a headache and the ear ringing which I have heard is a sign of cancer/tumor. I have been spiraling so much lately that I can barely eat I feel sick all the time. I just had a visit with my dr last week for a general check up and didn't mention anything. I have an opthamalagist appt Monday and I'm hoping they will refer me to a neurologist as I've had a condition since birth that makes it hard to tell if I'm having neurological problems by looking at my eyes (which usually you can). I just feel like I'm losing it thinking about this constantly. Should I just go to urgent care? What if it's something that cannot wait til Monday?

I'm sorry to hear you are so worried.

Highly unlikely to be a tumor; the symptoms you describe (headaches, pressure, tinnitus) are so generalized.  Do you have an infection? Sinusitis?

Nothing you describe makes me think it is definitively neurological, so a neuro referral is probably premature.  I would start with your GP/general internist.  They are very good at looking at the big picture/general diagnostics.  If they feel it is neurological, you will be referred, but I highly doubt it.  

Best of luck.  

• Thanks 1

Just chipping in as I can relate to this. I struggle with neck pain and tingling in my face and have been back and forth doctors the last few months trying to work out whats going on. Currently we all think its down to stress and anxiety. I know when people say "Oh its just anxiety" its kind of insulting when you're experiencing very real physical symptoms, but its good to realise that anxiety causes our body to react in lots of physical ways than then lead to those symptoms.

It could well be, if youre already stressed and anxious about your health or in general, your body is reacting to that with tension throughout your muscles (neck, shoulders, jaw etc). This tension can put pressure on nerves, trigger points through your muscles that refer pain over your head. I know the muscles in the back of your neck do this. They refer headaches to the eyes and forehead if they are tense and knotted up. I know this because its something have! the big thick muscle in the from of your neck (SCM) and your jaw muscles can create tinnitus when they are tight too.

I know its the hardest thing in the world but try and take a step back and consider that your anxiety may be causing this. By all means see a doctor but try hard not to freak out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1