annie1305

New to anxiety

Hello! I am new here and pretty new to anxiety, I think. I’ve never had a panic attack in my 35 years of life, until about two months ago.

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I couldn’t breathe and was dying. It’s happened maybe three or four times since then.

I went to the doctor and she prescribed me hydroxyzine for help to sleep. I haven’t had anymore panic attacks but I feel what i think is anxiousness all day everyday. I don’t have an appetite, I feel shaky, like I can’t catch my breath and maybe even a little depressed, which i’ve never suffered from before. I think this whole Covid-19 thing has affected me. I also had pneumonia in December and had to stay in the hospital for a few days. I think that could be affecting me too? 

I found Claire Weekes book and felt so happy yesterday like I had found a cure, but today, the feelings have come back for most of the day.

I don’t want to get on medication, if I don’t have to but don’t know if what I am dealing with is depression or anxiety. Would Claire Weekes techniques help with both or just anxiety? Thank you so much for any advice you can give me!

Hello, welcome to this site! I'm new to the sight too. I started less then a month ago I believe,  anyway people on this site are nice . I've been battling my anxiety for 4years now and I'm 30, sometimes I still have episodes that scare me but most of my episodes ever since I've been on this site I've started managing it alot better, also helps that my husband has been amazing helping me get passed it all and be there for me everyday. Anyways the people on this site if you just read their post, some of their post has helped me out alot with trying to manage it better and understanding the symptoms and acceptance of it. Some times it's still hard for me to accept that I have GAD but I'm at a point now were accepting it is the key to managing it. Anyways,  were all here for you and willing to give any advice and an ear to listen. Take care