Sign in to follow this  
emma2

Some positivity

Hello everyone, 

I came on here to spread some positivity since I’m feeling a lot better myself today. So first let me start off my saying that the last two weeks have been every hard for me. I’ve gone through fears of lymphoma to MS to ALS to other cancers and more. My body has been twitching (still is), aching, and tired. I have had tingling, numbness and lots of itching and rashes. So yes I’ve been through it all and I’m here to tell you that it gets better. I know that for many of us we have phases where we’ll get better, feel something small, catastrophize, and end up super anxious. Trust me I do it all the time. In order to feel less anxious and reduce these feelings I think it’s important to stop seeking reassurance. My psychiatrist explained this to me and it makes so much sense. Why do we google? To seek reassurance. Why? Bc at some point google might have eased your mind or having a friend tell you that they have that symptom made you feel better and now your brains been conditioned to seek that reassurance. When you do that in stressful situations you tell your brain that there is something threatening to worry about and it continues to happen. You become extremely self aware and now notice the small things (a little bruise, scratch, random mole). Ignore it. Don’t give your brain that reassurance and slow you’ll start to stop noticing these things or maybe you’ll notice them but they won’t cause panic or high anxiety. Also guys, be nice to yourselves. Don’t get mad when you feel anxious. It’s a normal human response. Accept it and let be. I know that’s easier said than done but through practice you’ll start to realize anxiety can be dealt with and you won’t always feel this way. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise, see your pcp once a year, and do things that make you happy. Life’s to short to worry this much. I haven’t figured it all out yet and I know I’ll probably be back to read this sometime in the future myself, but slowly things will get better. And even if anxiety comes back, if you’ve kicked it’s ass one time you can do it again! ❤️❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1