blue velvet

Is there anybody here?

Well, I cannot un-register, so I thought I might as well talk to... seemingly nobody.

Funny thing.

Where are agoraphobiacs supposed to be? Out in the street, in the woods? Nope. At home. Home, sweet home. Most probably with internet connection. If they have a hard time going out, they could meet people virtually.

But nobody's here. :(

(Excuse my English, I live in Central Europe and my native language is Finno-Ugric.)

If no one answers your initial post, I would post again and someone will respond. 

On 2017. 11. 22. at 7:25 AM, davide.h said:

Hi Blue, hope you decide to stick around. I don't go out much either, so I can talk to you. 

Hi there. :) What's up with you? 

On 2017. 11. 26. at 7:20 PM, MARC said:

If no one answers your initial post, I would post again and someone will respond. 

Let's hope so. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, blue velvet said:

:)))

Hi! I'm also agoraphobic. Chat used to be busy but I haven't seen anyone there for a while. Feel free to private message  me or just talk on the thread here. I'm from Australia. I do get out more than I used to but it can be difficult when i'm having a bad day. Today I need to buy food... not really looking forward to shopping but i'm going to brave it!!!

On 2017. 12. 08. at 10:41 PM, JungleJulia said:

Hi! I'm also agoraphobic. Chat used to be busy but I haven't seen anyone there for a while. Feel free to private message  me or just talk on the thread here. I'm from Australia. I do get out more than I used to but it can be difficult when i'm having a bad day. Today I need to buy food... not really looking forward to shopping but i'm going to brave it!!!

Hi Julia! How long have you been agoraphobic? I've been agoraphobic for 13 or 14 years now. Quite well until January 2017. 

Do you go to therapy? Do you take any meds?

How did it go with the shopping?

19 hours ago, blue velvet said:

Hi Julia! How long have you been agoraphobic? I've been agoraphobic for 13 or 14 years now. Quite well until January 2017. 

Do you go to therapy? Do you take any meds?

How did it go with the shopping?

Hey Blue :) My agoraphobia started in 2009 so 8 years now! I have good and bad periods but since then have always struggled if I have to leave my local area :( 

I have been to therapy (but don't go anymore) and have tried meds (but they all had bad side effects so I stopped). Therapy helped me a little but I felt like I hit a wall where it no longer did much for me. How about you?

My shopping went surprisingly well! I'm quite anxious today though. I pushed myself and went to the beach and got in the water for a few minutes though, so I'm proud of that! How was your day?

Hi Julia!

I take meds and now (after about 3 and a half years) it seems to me that the latest meds help me quite a lot. I think my anxiety is getting better.

Yes, I started therapy back in 2006 and since then I've had about 6 therapists... :)

Now I'm looking for a new therapist. 

Wow, I'm so proud and envious that you could go to the beach! Here it's winter and very cold. 

:)

Just to make sure, which day were you at the beach? Sunday? 

My Sunday was quite okay, thanks. I often watch films and I love them. Now I watched Kill Bill 1 and 2. It was quite good. 

I think I've had about 6 therapists too. I have found some to be helpful, but eventually I get bored of it. I have considered trying again. Maybe in the new year.

My beach day was Monday, but I also went on Saturday. It's summer here so there will hopefully be lots of beach days :)

Do you get snow where you are?

Kill Bill movies are great. I like Tarentino films. My user name this forum is from the movie "Death proof" :lol:

I love Pulp Fiction. It's simply great. I will now watch Death Proof. Very exicted about it.

I live in Hungary. Yes, we used to have great snow here, but not any more. But still it's cold and yesterday the wind was really strong. I hate wind. It makes me nervous. I love fog, rain, snow. :)

So if you can go to the beach, I guess it's quite good. I do not go to swimming pools any more. :(

8 minutes ago, davide.h said:

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I don't get notified about these things. I've been busy with holiday stuff. 

Profile, manage followed content... :)