Sign in to follow this  
BeccyJade

Introducing myself

Hi everyone.

My name is Beccy. Im 26 years old from Wiltshire UK. I am a mother of 2 children, and I am here to speak to others who suffer with anxiety, as around 2 years ago I started suffering really badly from panic attacks which are digestion related.

My whole life has been restricted and I have had to try and rebuild my life from being left nearly housebound due to fear of travelling with these symptoms of my digestion problems.

As i find it hard to get out and about, I would love to make new friends here to can share stories, and advice so we can all support each other and get to know new people.

I used to be a very confident, outgoing individual. I love music and singing is my escape from anxiety. It'd be great to progress with this awful mental illness which restricts so many of us from living normal lives.

• Like 1

Hi beccy, welcome to AC :) I can relate to you a lot, I have had crohns since I was 12, hugely contributed to my anxiety and agoraphobia. Now the crohns is in remission but the anxiety still affects my stomach badly, it sucks! I'm getting better though, slowly, you can too :) I love to sing as well!

• Like 1

Welcome Beccy!  I, too, suffer from panic disorder with agoraphobia (among other disorders).  It's most definitely a challenge that can seem to take over a person's life.  It's so wonderful that you are here, and I hope that you do find some suggestions and ideas that will be helpful for you.  You will find so many people here that are going through many of the same struggles that you are faced with.  :)