So 3 weeks ago I went super dizzy and felt sick and had to spend the rest of the day in bed. Dr thought it was labyrinthitis. I also have a tight neck and this is what caused dizziness before (2 years ago) I had osteopath do adjustments and I eventually got better. 

I freak out when I go dizzy, feel sick, weak and shaking. Just feel like I'm going to pass out or die it's horrible. I also keep thinking I have something seriously wrong with me. I'm seeing an osteopath on Friday to talk through my neck X rays and hopefully do an adjustment. Just wanted to know of anyone else has dizziness and does it scare you ? It makes me not want to go out etc 

Hi Han100! I’ve been having this! I have a lot of tension from ticks. One of my biggest ticks is tensing or tightening my neck. I’ve been wondering if it could be the cause for this. Have you had any luck? 

Yes tight neck muscles are definitely a cause of dizziness, and the anxiety that comes with it makes it worse- it makes your muscles more tense which only adds to the dizziness.

• Thanks 1

Do you happen to know if there is any possible relation to visual trailing? 

2E559671-6B01-4E4C-AB46-7FAE4BE8FD79.jpeg

Shared Image.png

A number of years ago I was dizzy every day for 6 weeks. The room would move when I would lay down and I would get dizzy out of nowhere. I went to my ENT physician and he examined me. He told me that sometimes as we age, the crystals in our ears shift and it takes a while for our brain to catch up with this shift, so that is why I was dizzy. The dizziness eventually went away on its own. 

10 hours ago, Kira said:

Do you happen to know if there is any possible relation to visual trailing? 

2E559671-6B01-4E4C-AB46-7FAE4BE8FD79.jpeg

Shared Image.png

I am sorry. I do not know about visual trailing.  I have never experienced that.  I have definitely experienced the dizziness, and I know it was muscle related - I saw a masso therapist who confirmed that.  One time, I also experienced what Marc spoke of above.  The dr diagnosed it as vertigo- same explanation Marc said above.  The dr never said it was caused by stress exactly, but it occurred during one of the longest , most stressful times of my life so I do correlate the two.

I have never had visual trails but I did recently have my first ocular migraine which an eye dr diagnosed.  There was no headache pain as common with a migraine.  I did have a lot of back and neck tension.  No visual trails, but it was a light after image that would never completely fade and that stuck around for a few days.  The eye dr told me stress is a major player in ocular migraines.  Up to that point, I have never had any kind of migraine before, but I was prone to tension headaches, which come from stress and tight head and neck and shoulder muscles which are the same muscles that, when tight, can cause dizziness.  For me, I believe they all have the same cause - muscle issues due to misuse and/or stress.

Hope this helps.