Sign in to follow this  
heightenedstate

Worried about "dark" red blood on tissue after wiping

Hello. I'm new here. This morning I went to the toilet to poop. The funny part is that a delivery man knocked on my apartment’s door so I had to finish my business and flush down the poop (I didn’t take time to see the poop) to attend to him.

The gross part is that I wasn’t able to wipe immediately so it took me around another 5 to 10 mins to wipe my bottom with tissue paper after I transacted with the delivery man.

When I did, I noticed a small speck of kinda dark red (almost maroon) blood on it. I wiped a couple more times and there were still some bloody specks although even smaller this time.

I am worried because of the color. I had blood on my tissue paper before but it was bright red and just thought of anal tears or haemorrhoids. I read that if it is darker it might be serious. But then again it took me another 5 to 10 mins before I wiped because of the delivery man who I had to attend to.

Right now, I am anxious of going back to the toilet because I feel that I will obsess over the toilet paper or my stool.

I am scared I might have cancer or anything more serious. I am hoping that it could be just harmless hemorrhoids, skin irritation, or anal tear but my anxiety is killing me. :(

Are you sure it is blood and not feces of that color? If it is blood from distant parts of colon then it should be mixed with feces as I can't imagine blood alone coming from higher intestine. Maybe it is loose stool of that color which was caused by your food?

Once off blood isn't something you need too worry about so much, if your poo is otherwise normal in colour/shape/hardness. And as Acie said, blood would usually be mixed in. 

This is going to sound gross, but can you think of anything similarly coloured that you've eaten that may not have been digested properly? Could just be bits of that.

5 hours ago, Acie said:

Are you sure it is blood and not feces of that color? If it is blood from distant parts of colon then it should be mixed with feces as I can't imagine blood alone coming from higher intestine. Maybe it is loose stool of that color which was caused by your food?

Thank you so much for your response. I'm really not sure now that I think about it.

Anyway, I had a poop again just now and my stool was perfectly the normal and usual shape. It was predominantly brown and I flushed it. But after flushing it, I thought of its different shades and I don't know if my mind was just letting me go haywire, but I thought I was seeing some dark brown that could pass for red shade? But then again, I don't know it could be all in my head. I wiped gently with tissue paper and there was no blood. 

Ugh I can't stop thinking. 

2 hours ago, Otherside said:

Once off blood isn't something you need too worry about so much, if your poo is otherwise normal in colour/shape/hardness. And as Acie said, blood would usually be mixed in. 

This is going to sound gross, but can you think of anything similarly coloured that you've eaten that may not have been digested properly? Could just be bits of that.

Thank you for your response. I've been trying to go on a fish and veggie diet right now so not sure about that. 

Anyway, I had a poop again just now and my stool was perfectly the normal and usual shape. It was brown and I flushed it. But before after it, I thought of its different shades and I don't know if my mind was just letting me go haywire, but I thought I was seeing some darker brown/green (I had salad last night) that could pass as red strokes.  But then again, I don't know it could be all in my head or the lighting. I wiped gently with tissue paper and there was no blood. 

Ugh I can't stop thinking. 

Dont need to worry about changes in the brown - is normal.

Food you eat can change the colour of it - things like beetroot or cranberries can turn it red, eating a lot of green leafy vegetables can make it go green. 

14 hours ago, Otherside said:

Dont need to worry about changes in the brown - is normal.

Food you eat can change the colour of it - things like beetroot or cranberries can turn it red, eating a lot of green leafy vegetables can make it go green. 

Thank you. I'm trying not to stare at the stool because it just drives me crazy. I don't want to obsess over these small things I might notice. 

I have told this story before on this forum what had happened to me many years ago when I was 25, but it is worth telling again. I was going to the bathroom and when I wiped, the whole tissue was drenched in red blood and when I looked in the toilet bowl, the water was all blood red. I had an immediate meltdown and had myself dead and buried. I went to the doctor and it ended up being a hemorrhoid. 

Any red is generally nothing to be concerned on. Fissures or hemorrhoids. The concern is when there is tarry black substance. Coming from someone who has had a lot of blood in there stool over the years, you have nothing to be concerned about. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 1:11 AM, MARC said:

I have told this story before on this forum what had happened to me many years ago when I was 25, but it is worth telling again. I was going to the bathroom and when I wiped, the whole tissue was drenched in red blood and when I looked in the toilet bowl, the water was all blood red. I had an immediate meltdown and had myself dead and buried. I went to the doctor and it ended up being a hemorrhoid. 

Oh my that is such a terrifying experience. I'm glad it was just hem in the end.

On 6/8/2021 at 10:40 PM, sTeaLth said:

Any red is generally nothing to be concerned on. Fissures or hemorrhoids. The concern is when there is tarry black substance. Coming from someone who has had a lot of blood in there stool over the years, you have nothing to be concerned about. 

Thank you so much. I feel much better now. I did a wipe again today and it was perfectly brown and had no blood (sorry for TMI).

• Like 1