mlouise

Tender node in chest

I am terrified to even post here because I know this isn't good. 

7 months ago, out of the blue, I rubbed my chest. I felt a rubbery little node-like thing. Kind of achy but nothing painful. I freaked for a little bit, then literally forgot about it. 

About 2 months later, it felt achy so I rubbed it. Freaked for a couple of days then forgot about it. Last week, again, freaked out of the blue about it, rubbed it a lot and now its tender again. 

It's small and moves. In fact if I rub it, it disappears into my chest. It is right below my collar bone. It hasn't grown in the 7 months I found it. Like I said, for the most part I don't even think about it. 

If I don't think about it then I don't feel it. If I am freaking out, then it aches. Once it stops aching, then I no longer think about it. I am TERRIFIED right now. I have A LOT of stress happening as well. Not to mention this is HA freak out #3 just this year. One rolls right into the next.

I am so scared I almost don't even want to read your replies because I am 100% sure this is going to kill me.

Bumping this up because I am freaking right now. It hasn't really hurt the past two days but sometimes I do feel a little soreness that last a second or two. My husband has felt there for me and swears he never feels anything. 

Weird thing is, if I forget about it, it usually stays silent. If I think about it, it creeps up. If I feel it and rub there, it goes away (it being the tenderness). 

And I am not sure if I am feeling pain or my mind is making sure I know that its there. 

You may have a Lipoma, which is a fatty benign cyst. I had a few of them on my thigh a number of years ago. They were at times painful and were rubbery and were movable. 

It is definitely moveable. Like I said, most of the time when I touch it it rolls away and I can't feel it anymore. Very rubbery and squishy in a way.

I keep telling myself that's been 7 months since I found it and that if it was serious, the tenderness wouldn't go away to the point that I forget about it for months at a time and that I would probably be really sick right now.

I had two large Lipomas on my right thigh many years ago. They grew and became painful so I had to have them removed by a general surgeon. They are quite common. It is a good sign that it is not growing and it is rubbery and squishy. It may make you feel better to have a physician look at it..

8 minutes ago, MARC said:

I had two large Lipomas on my right thigh many years ago. They grew and became painful so I had to have them removed by a general surgeon. They are quite common. It is a good sign that it is not growing and it is rubbery and squishy. It may make you feel better to have a physician look at it..

It scares me that you suggest I see a Dr. 

See a doctor more for your peace of mind.