Sign in to follow this  
Concerned-pa

Hemorrhoid or colorectal cancer?

So for the past two weeks, I have had pretty uncomfortable/irritating itching in my normal region you get hemorrhoids. It hasn't gotten better, and then itchiness comes and goes. Usually worse in the morning and after going to the bathroom. No blood. I can feel the lump if I try but it seems to be internal.

Now, normally I wouldn't worry, but the fact that I also have had terrible for weeks after eating, and a noticeable change in bowel habits (very  loose), I'm concerned about colorectal cancer.

Thoughts?

In September 2019 I started getting pretty bad pain when I went to the bathroom. The pain was so bad a few times that it would almost be unbearable. I also had a fair amount of blood  sometimes when I wiped. I called my GP and tried ointment, etc. It persisred off and on for 6 weeks or so and finally my GP said to call my GI physician. I called him on a Thursday and was in getting a scope the next Tuesday. He did not do a full colonoxcooy as I had one in January 2017. He went straight up as far as possible and I had hemorrhoids. 

So the symptoms must overlap enough that they wanted you scoped. It makes me very worried with the constant gas I have that it's something else.

I have gas quite a bit and my GI physician attributed it to stress, the foods I eat and me being a mouth breather.