Sign in to follow this  
newday

Workplace Covid

Well, it happened.  Co-worker tested positive.  This co-worker was in my office for a few minutes a few days ago.  We both had masks, but they did stand over me a bit looking at my computer monitor.  Signed up for a test tomorrow, first available, and not rapid.  Can't find those anywhere.  Isn't that terrible?  So now, I wait.  I thought I wouldn't be anxious if this happened, but I guess I am.  All of a sudden I feel symptoms of course! 😒

• Like 1

I'm glad y'all both had your masks on. Hugs. I have also had a coworker that had covid but luckily it stopped with just him. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry this happened. But latest observations for highest risk exposure is someone symptomatic, within 6 feet, no masks, and longer than 15 minutes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Derekkest said:

I'm sorry this happened. But latest observations for highest risk exposure is someone symptomatic, within 6 feet, no masks, and longer than 15 minutes.

This is what I told my husband when I said you don’t need to worry about me. I tell myself too, but it’s like that expression “trust in god but lock your car”, I feel like “trust in the CDC but get a test”. I found a rapid test place and am waiting now! Hopefully make it to work at a decent time this morning. 

Last month my daughter who is 30, went over a friends house to visit and another girl in the house had Covid-19 and did not tell anyone and continued to go to work. My daughter was tested and was negative. 

I think that because you both had masks on you should be ok.  Like someone said before, it's if both have no masks and are together for over 15 minutes

A co-worker tested positive. The company I work for had everyone known to be in contact with her tested. I was tested in 5-10 minutes and it came back negative. I assume your workplace won't cover testing? 

All close contacts are tested here in Ireland. Close contact meaning anybody who was close enough to a person with Covid. So testing should be covered. Just to be on the safe side. 

My rapid test and "regular" test came back negative 🙂  The rapid test I think is covered by my insurance, but I'm not sure about the follow-up regular one.  I may get a bill for several hundred dollars.  I'm still glad I went because my allergies and sinuses are kicking into gear and without a test I would have been getting worried.  Employer is only sending close contact people to get tests, and no one else was ever officially notified anything happened (gossip still works fortunately).

I hope you stay safe and the test comes out negative. I totally understand what you are going through and having health anxiety is expected in this situation. You should stay hopeful as COVID virus is not contracted by everyone who came in contact with a positive person. It depends a lot on your health and immune system. So, there is still hope and be positive. The mortality rate has gone down as we are becoming somewhat immune to this virus and a lot of people have been recovered. 

If you feel you are going through a mental turmoil and can't seem to get hold og your anxiety, then please check this out and read the simple tips and tricks to overcome anxiety instantly  https://ezcareclinic.com/3-ways-to-deal-with-work-anxiety-according-to-top-18-experts/ 

Take care and keep us updated 🙂