Sign in to follow this  
Nat1996

Pulmonary Hypertension!?

I have never been super fit growing up as a kid or teen so I could never run far or play sports with my friends without getting pretty winded. But over the last couple of years I have noticed that I get winded extremely easy! Just walking up a small stair case or an incline will have my heart racing and not being able to talk without people knowing that I’m winded. I’m only 24 years old and my boyfriend who is 32 can run 5k no problem or play hockey all night long whereas I can’t even run a half a km without gasping violently for air. He has had asthma his whole life and was a smoker for 10 years! 

Now I’m over here looking up stuff on the internet thinking I have pulmonary hypertension or on my way to heart failure and fast! I’m terrified! 

I have never heard of heart failure or pulmonary hypertension at age 24. If you are concerned, I would contact your primary care physician and talk over your concerns with him or her. Pulmonary hypertension is quite rare with less then 20,000 cases per year.