Sign in to follow this  
kj103

Anyone with other anxieties in addition to health

Does anyone have any other anxieties in addition to health anxiety?  I like to stay home, in my safe space because I have struggled with agoraphobia, but it’s not good for my health anxiety because I start poking, feeling, looking, analyzing, and googling.  I know I need to get out and keep busy but it’s very hard.   

That makes sense, and I think it's pretty common for those of us with multiple forms of anxiety disorder. I personally deal with a bit of social anxiety, though nothing too severe, alongside health anxiety. I *think* that's really all I deal with. My social anxiety used to be significantly worse, but I fixed that myself before I even started experiencing health anxiety.

• Like 1

I suffer with severe panic attacks that can come on at any point in any situation which causes me to isolate myself sometimes. Throughout the past year though I've been trying to stay as busy as possible giving myself less time to think which I think has helped a bit! Health for me is something I obsess over when I think there is something wrong and definitely affects me the worst.

• Like 1

My anxiety typically centers around health for the most part. My sister many years ago suffered from agoraphobia and actually stayed at home for an entire year. Eventually she snapped out of it and began to function OK. She never got therapy for some reason. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MARC said:

My anxiety typically centers around health for the most part. My sister many years ago suffered from agoraphobia and actually stayed at home for an entire year. Eventually she snapped out of it and began to function OK. She never got therapy for some reason. 

I was at that point a few years ago.  Each year since as gotten better.  I still have occasional spells where I need to “get out and get out fast.”  I also supplement with Xanax.  I only require that every now and then.  

Yes, and I think it's quite common too.

I'm pretty sure Health Anxiety falls under the category of OCD and most people with OCD have another anxiety disorder before developing full-blown OCD.

I have been diagnosed with: general anxiety, social anxiety, PTSD, panic disorder (+agoraphobia), and OCD (of which I've had way too many obsessions to count). I have been an anxious person since I was a kid (idk maybe that's cus trauma) and dealt with crushing paranoia from probably age 6 on (diagnosed with ADHD around that time and diagnosed with depression about two years later - my first obsession was that everyone wanted me dead for doing something bad (can't remember why but my therapist and I theorize that it was connected to CSA)).

On 2/14/2020 at 1:18 AM, Zazz said:

Yes, and I think it's quite common too.

I'm pretty sure Health Anxiety falls under the category of OCD and most people with OCD have another anxiety disorder before developing full-blown OCD.

I have been diagnosed with: general anxiety, social anxiety, PTSD, panic disorder (+agoraphobia), and OCD (of which I've had way too many obsessions to count). I have been an anxious person since I was a kid (idk maybe that's cus trauma) and dealt with crushing paranoia from probably age 6 on (diagnosed with ADHD around that time and diagnosed with depression about two years later - my first obsession was that everyone wanted me dead for doing something bad (can't remember why but my therapist and I theorize that it was connected to CSA)).

I have many of the same as you.  Mine started as a young child as well—was witness to verbal and physical abuse with members of my immediate family.  I began with mealtime and food aversions because for some reason, the abuse always occurred then.  Then it went into panic attacks because I feared if I didn’t eat, I would starve and die.  I soon feared throwing up, because I was having to force myself to eat. Thus, began the health anxiety.  Age 8 for me.