Sign in to follow this  
Veryscary

Anybody Had a Mole With Clear Margins Grow Back?

I am cycling through two things today so early apologies for back to back posting.

TLDR: Black lady with mole removed with clear margins, grew back along with hair, now can't convince myself it's not still changing.

I had a mole removed from my chest in late June; this mole always looked like a blackhead and I'd pick it out and it would grow right back. This time they got it with a shave biopsy and I was told it had clear margins. Phew, right? Nope, it grew back, along with the hair that's always been at the center of it. I was told to just watch it - that it may look funky because it is growing through scar tissue, but as long as it stabilizes, I'm good. So far as I can tell, it has stabilized, but as mole watchers know, it can be hard to convince yourself a mole hasn't changed, even with pictures.

Has anyone experienced this? FWIW, I am Fitzpatrick V (Beyonce colored) and the mole came back as mildly atypical (but they weren't sure if that was pseudo atypia since I had dug the mole out at least three times).

I have had a mole return when removed via shave biopsy. They likely missed it's base - it is actually quite common.

It's probably worth bringing up to them since they thought they got it all and it was atypical.

Best wishes!

Yes.  Several.  All were typical and had clear margins and grew back in the same spot but smaller in size usually.