Sign in to follow this  
Bella P

Breast Lump

I think I found a slightly painful lump (I give it a pain scale of 5 out of 10, also really only hurts when I move my arm a lot) on the side of my breast sort of near my arm pit, so I told my mom. She pointed out that sometimes your period makes those pop up and they go away after, that made me feel a little better, but I’m still very anxious because PCOS is hell. As is health anxiety in general. I started feeling to try and see if I had the same thing on the other side or not and she snapped at me. “Quit touching it!” I tried explaining what I was doing and she just told me to stop again.
I feel like crying. I know breast cancer at my age is rare (I’m 20) and your period can cause temporary lumps as well as breast tenderness but I’m scared. My mom snapping at me helped absolutely nothing 😞

3 hours ago, Total Eclipse said:

Are you on your period or do you feel like it's going to start? Sometimes with PCOS (I have it); we don't know when it's going to start.... give it a couple weeks and if it's still there talk to an OBGYN!

I am on a pill to regulate my period, I have to be or else I don’t stop, and yesterday was the day before I start the sugar pills for my cycle. I’ve also been having some pre-period cramping. Today the lump seems to be not as defined, but it’s still sore, and my mom ended up feeling it when I wouldn’t calm down. She said it could also be a lymph node, and I have been fighting some sort of virus, because of the location. I don’t know. That and your comment does help a bit, though. I’m just so anxious about everything and then this happened. 

It sounds like a cyst which are super common before your cycle and can be very painful.  They often go away when your cycle ends, and yes the pill can contribute to it.  Also stress and caffeine as well.  Cutting back on the caffeine can sometimes help.  Playing with it will only bother it more.  I would leave it alone and wait until after your cycle then double check.  It will most likely be gone!

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thank you both for responding and being so kind. Luckily, it’s gone now, and there isn’t any more pain. It scared the hell out of me. 

• Like 1