Sign in to follow this  
KG421

Cervical Vertigo

Recommended Posts

I’ve had neck pain and tightness on my right side for a couple of weeks now. It radiates down into my shoulder blade and causes some weakness in my right hand. I was thinking it was just a pinched nerve but when I woke up Sunday morning I experienced an episode of vertigo after stretching in bed. The room started spinning and I felt very nauseous. I experienced it again later that same day, last night and again this morning. I’ve never had vertigo before. Is this something I should be getting checked out immediately, like ER visit? I’m concerned about possibly having a stroke. I haven’t had any notable injuries that would be causing my pain. I’ve also had diarrhea the past two days. The vertigo is very debilitating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have neck issues, 3 herniated disks and have pain in neck, shoulders and I get headaches.... I do get dizzy from time to time but I think mine is from sinuses/ears clogged.... My cervical spine doctor told me you can get dizziness from neck too (I don't get vertigo though). If I was you, I would make an appointment with GP just in case you have an ear issue like shifting of crystals in your ears. Good luck and let us know how you are feeling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a bit of panic this morning, I made an appointment with my Chiropractor. She talked about the inner ear crystals and gave me instructions on the Epley Maneuver. She said it could also be related to tension in my neck. Hopefully the Epley helps. I’ve been dizzy all day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KG421 said:

After a bit of panic this morning, I made an appointment with my Chiropractor. She talked about the inner ear crystals and gave me instructions on the Epley Maneuver. She said it could also be related to tension in my neck. Hopefully the Epley helps. I’ve been dizzy all day. 

I hope you feel better soon.... do your ears feel clogged at all? I woke up a bit dizzy today too and my ears are super clogged :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leah1976 My ears feel very clogged. Especially the right one. The dizziness is constant. I can barely walk straight. Going to an ENT this afternoon. Hoping they can provide some relief. I have to coordinate a big event at work this weekend and am currently pretty much stuck lying on my back. Even turning over in bed makes the dizziness worse. Of course my anxiety is thinking it’s something chronic and incurable. I’ve talked myself out of going to the ER a few times. Just have to make it til 3:30 today. 

I hope your’s passes quickly! I suppose it’s the time of year for sinus issues. 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KG421 said:

@Leah1976 My ears feel very clogged. Especially the right one. The dizziness is constant. I can barely walk straight. Going to an ENT this afternoon. Hoping they can provide some relief. I have to coordinate a big event at work this weekend and am currently pretty much stuck lying on my back. Even turning over in bed makes the dizziness worse. Of course my anxiety is thinking it’s something chronic and incurable. I’ve talked myself out of going to the ER a few times. Just have to make it til 3:30 today. 

I hope your’s passes quickly! I suppose it’s the time of year for sinus issues. 🤷🏻‍♀️

awww big hugs for you.... please let me know what the ENT says.... good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leah1976 ENT went pretty well. He couldn’t find any medical cause for my dizziness. He said to just rest and wait it out. They did a hearing test (I have early hearing loss) and no significant change there. He did a scope through my nose and down my throat. Found a scab-like build up of mucus that he said a lot of times is a bacterial infection, usually staph. He removed it and will let me know the results next week. I’m feeling slightly more calm but still dizzy and nauseous. 

I saw your post and am sorry you’re having a rough time as well. Glad your day turned out ok though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KG421 said:

@Leah1976 ENT went pretty well. He couldn’t find any medical cause for my dizziness. He said to just rest and wait it out. They did a hearing test (I have early hearing loss) and no significant change there. He did a scope through my nose and down my throat. Found a scab-like build up of mucus that he said a lot of times is a bacterial infection, usually staph. He removed it and will let me know the results next week. I’m feeling slightly more calm but still dizzy and nauseous. 

I saw your post and am sorry you’re having a rough time as well. Glad your day turned out ok though!

well that's good news..... are you very anxious for some reason? last year when I found out my aunt passed away unexpectedly I became extremely dizzy and nauseous.... it lasted about 2 weeks..... one day I couldn't get out of bed. literally..... slept all day..... I couldn't move my head because I would be dizzy. Good luck it will pass soon!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am VERY anxious about an upcoming appt I have. I’m going to the Mayo Clinic next week to have a consultation regarding my Pectus Excavatum (a congenial chest-wall deformity).  I have to do several tests while I’m there and am very nervous for the results. I also have a lot of responsibilities at work over the next 3 weeks. So this dizziness is really not what I need right now, which is probably why my anxiety has given it to me. I also have a lot pain in my neck, back and legs. I going to be getting back into therapy after being out for 6 years. Which I’m excited for because I really need some help but I can’t get in until Nov. 18th! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KG421 said:

I am VERY anxious about an upcoming appt I have. I’m going to the Mayo Clinic next week to have a consultation regarding my Pectus Excavatum (a congenial chest-wall deformity).  I have to do several tests while I’m there and am very nervous for the results. I also have a lot of responsibilities at work over the next 3 weeks. So this dizziness is really not what I need right now, which is probably why my anxiety has given it to me. I also have a lot pain in my neck, back and legs. I going to be getting back into therapy after being out for 6 years. Which I’m excited for because I really need some help but I can’t get in until Nov. 18th! 

No wonder why you are so anxious,,,, good luck at your Mayo appointment, you are going to the BEST place, so you will be taken care of!!!!! Try to relax, everything will be fine. I'll be thinking of you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago I was dizzy every day for 6 weeks. If I was lying down the room would move and rotate sometimes. I remember sitting at a stool at Starbucks and I felt like I was. floating. My ENT said as you age the Crystals in your ears shift and it can take a while for your brain to catch up with this shift, so thus the dizziness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MARC 6 weeks of dizziness?! Yuck! Glad it subsided for you and encouraging to hear other people’s experience with it. Every single pain, symptom and unpleasant sensation I’ve felt this year has felt like the end for me. “This is it! This is how I’m going to feel for the rest of my life. There’s no way this could be temporary. My life as I’ve known it has ended and I’m going to have to adjust to being disabled by this pain/symptom forever.”  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have weird symptoms myself sometimes and it all gets pretty old after a while and I get sick of it too and fed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this