Why does my anxiety increase tenfold when I have to make decisions? Big or small. I feel incapacitated, shaking, aches and pains. I've been agonizing over taking a new job. My current job, I feel I cant stay because of a number of reasons; not enough support, difficult co-workers, and a long commute. I searched and found another job that is closer to my home. Less pay and little less of a drive. Not a job I really want but feel I should take to relieve the stress and anxiety I feel at my current job. I was offered the job but now I'm terrified to accept it. I keep thinking of all these things that can go wrong; what if I dont get along with the co-workers, what if I disappoint them and I'm not as good at my job as they think I am or I think I am... I dont know which way is up or down and I'm so tired of feeling this way. I need some kind of relief. I just feel like I'm making such a wrong decision or I'm not being patient or I'm making a decision in haste because of my mental health and not due to reality and facts. Deep in my brain I keep screaming, it's just a job take it or dont either way it will be ok but my anxiety keeps sending danger signals. Make it stop.

Hi Drelee, and welcome to Anxiety Central!...  I am so sorry to hear what you are currently going through.  Changing jobs is a "Big Deal" for anyone, let alone someone with an anxiety disorder.  I suffer with Panic Disorder with panic attacks, so I understand.  Yep, things such as major changes in a relationship, moving, or changing jobs, are some of the biggest stress producing situations that we can face.  I think the depth of your brain is right on the money when it is telling you that there is no right or wrong here, and that you will be fine however things turnout.  If you are working full-time, you are spending 30 to 40% of your waking life, on the job.  With that much time invested, the last thing you need to be is unhappy.  So there is nothing wrong with stepping out and trying something new.  Now I have a question for you, Drelee...  What are you doing to treat your anxiety???  I have a psychiatrist that I see every three months.  She is in charge of my mental health, diagnosed me, and has set-up a treatment plan for me.  That plan includes medication, healthy activities, seeing a counselor that specializes in anxiety, when I need to, and several other things.  Remember that the happiness that you find is inside of you, not on the outside of you.  I wish you the very best with your decision...  Chuck🐈

• Like 1