Leah1976

PLESE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED YOU :(

Hi guys, I can't believe I am back with my brain tumor fears once more. It started back in September of last year. I am seeing a neurologist who specializes in headaches. He works for the best hospital in philly... anyways, I told him about my symptoms and he did a neuro test and told me I don't have a brain tumor. I was relieved for a while, but these headaches don't give me a break. I have herniations in my neck and he said I have cervicogenic headaches...I am getting trigger point injections, which are not working, and now will get botox injections. The thing is that a few times my headaches are so bad that they wake me at night.... and I read that could be a symptom of a brain tumor.... I am SOOOOO scared that this neuro is missing something serious. I go tomorrow for botox injections with his Nurse practioner because he is booked up for 4 months. Should I ask her for an MRI???? I am soooo scared you guys :(

Ask her if she recommends an MRI, or if she would otherwise find it useful. I wouldn't suggesting requesting the MRI yourself. Headaches are often not present in patients when they're diagnosed with a brain tumor. The diagnosis is usually the product of more telling symptoms, such as seizures / fits, fainting, cognitive anomalies (e.g. severe confusion), and stroke-like symptoms. You don't have a brain tumor.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bin_tenn said:

Ask her if she recommends an MRI, or if she would otherwise find it useful. I wouldn't suggesting requesting the MRI yourself. Headaches are often not present in patients when they're diagnosed with a brain tumor. The diagnosis is usually the product of more telling symptoms, such as seizures / fits, fainting, cognitive anomalies (e.g. severe confusion), and stroke-like symptoms. You don't have a brain tumor.

Thanks Bin, this helps a lot!!!!! HA is so irrational. I was doing better but when I get these bad headaches I get so scared :(

• Like 1

My friend recently was having horrific headaches that nothing touched.  She finally went to the Dr and only Bec of her medical history (colon cancer 7 years ago) ordered a CT scan.. he told her that from the in office neuro exam and patient history that it sounds like stress and anxiety. She just got married, sold her house, quit her job and was doing a new job. She was having anxiety attacks daily. Her CT scan showed nothing so the Dr ordered her to get some rest and manage the anxiety. She went for a short vacation with her husband and her headaches went away.. she came back and the anxiety returned as well as the headaches.. she was having blurry vision and dizzyness.  So much so she was falling.. she is again managing the anxiety and she's better, much much better. You have been anxious ? Very focused on the headaches? Has your Dr mentioned stress and anxiety can cause this as well?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holls said:

My friend recently was having horrific headaches that nothing touched.  She finally went to the Dr and only Bec of her medical history (colon cancer 7 years ago) ordered a CT scan.. he told her that from the in office neuro exam and patient history that it sounds like stress and anxiety. She just got married, sold her house, quit her job and was doing a new job. She was having anxiety attacks daily. Her CT scan showed nothing so the Dr ordered her to get some rest and manage the anxiety. She went for a short vacation with her husband and her headaches went away.. she came back and the anxiety returned as well as the headaches.. she was having blurry vision and dizzyness.  So much so she was falling.. she is again managing the anxiety and she's better, much much better. You have been anxious ? Very focused on the headaches? Has your Dr mentioned stress and anxiety can cause this as well?? 

yes I think about my headaches 24/7.... I am so worry about them... can't stop thinking about it and i am very anxious :(

18 minutes ago, Leah1976 said:

yes I think about my headaches 24/7.... I am so worry about them... can't stop thinking about it and i am very anxious :(

Have you thought that it's brought on by the constant stress and anxiety? What are you doing for your anxiety? Are you in therapy? Testing isn't going to help.. I know we all think ok one last test and if it's negative I'll move on and never do this again.. and then we quickly move on to another fear.. I've done it so many times is sad. More medical testing isn't the answer.. it's long term help for anxiety. 

• Like 1

I agree with Holls that testing won't help matters any. For what it's worth, my girlfriend gets awful headaches. She has for several years. She was seeing a neurologist regularly at one time. He did MRIs, CAT scans, etc - absolutely nothing. She's not anxious about her health, and the doctor ordered all the tests without any suggestion from her. In fact, she would rather have avoided them because "it's inconvenient." Haha. But still, nothing found whatsoever. He prescribed various medications over time, and still nothing.

Then life calmed down. Things got easier, far less stress. Got away from some toxic people. Since then, the frequency and severity of her headaches have dramatically improved.

• Like 1

So, herniated discs in the back/neck do get worse overnight usually because of fluid buildup in the spinal column. My back problems are 100x worse first thing in the morning. 

I would ask the nurse if the Botox doesn’t work, what are the next steps and is an MRI on the table. I assume you had one for your neck, so you could also ask if it showed the head as well. Then you would have a definitive NO for brain tumor.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Iugrad91 said:

So, herniated discs in the back/neck do get worse overnight usually because of fluid buildup in the spinal column. My back problems are 100x worse first thing in the morning. 

I would ask the nurse if the Botox doesn’t work, what are the next steps and is an MRI on the table. I assume you had one for your neck, so you could also ask if it showed the head as well. Then you would have a definitive NO for brain tumor.

yes I had one for the neck that showed the brain stem and cerebellum, and that was normal.... not the whole thing though. Yes I will ask tomorrow.

Thank you all, I will keep you posted.

My physician told me that typically the first sign of a brain tumor are seizures. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Holls said:

Have you thought that it's brought on by the constant stress and anxiety? What are you doing for your anxiety? Are you in therapy? Testing isn't going to help.. I know we all think ok one last test and if it's negative I'll move on and never do this again.. and then we quickly move on to another fear.. I've done it so many times is sad. More medical testing isn't the answer.. it's long term help for anxiety. 

I was going to therapy and it helped somewhat but . found my therapist a bit all over the place (she has ADD). I should start therapy again. I will look into it.

Do you do therapy? What kind?

6 minutes ago, Leah1976 said:

I was going to therapy and it helped somewhat but . found my therapist a bit all over the place (she has ADD). I should start therapy again. I will look into it.

Do you do therapy? What kind?

I can't speak for her, obviously, but I've done some therapy. It has been extremely helpful. Even as I'm dealing with this stuff now, I know it would be quite a bit worse if it weren't for the things I learned from my therapist. I guess it was technically CBT, but we didn't focus much on what to call stuff - we just did whatever we felt would help. I enjoy my therapist, but I haven't been since late last year. Perhaps I should also see about going again. :)

• Like 1

Of course I am so anxiuos right now before getting botox. I made the mistake of googling and some people did very well with it and others had a bad reaction.... now I am freaking out....

I woke up with mild sinus headache again.... wonder if it's tylenol rebound headaches.... I was reading about it. I stop taking my daily tylenol last friday and since then I have woken with headaches..... I am also dizzy today..... neurologist said it was me ears and sent me for PT, which I haven't done yet because I am scared and I am sick and tired of going to doctors:(

Sorry I am rambling so much, but today is a BAD day for me... I just want to curl in bed and cry to sleep :(

I just came back from doctor and botox injections.... the NP said the mornings headaches are from the lack of tylenol. Gave me a treatment. I asked if the neuro test rules out brain tumor, she said it's not 100% but gives as clues... plus she says that I don't have any red flags BUT if something new comes up to email her and then we can talk imaging.... so I am not that re-assure I guess. Hopefully the botox will help.... I am feeling a bit dizzy now and tired. I am going to take a nap.

Just a quick update - I woke up with no headache today yay!!!! I don't want to get ahead of myself, but hopefully this treatment works for me!

48 minutes ago, Leah1976 said:

Just a quick update - I woke up with no headache today yay!!!! I don't want to get ahead of myself, but hopefully this treatment works for me!

That’s good news Leah, thanks for the update. I’m sure things will continue to improve :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamden said:

That’s good news Leah, thanks for the update. I’m sure things will continue to improve :)

Thanks so much!!!!

I guess I am going to have to trust my doctors who say that they don't see reg flags on me... ***sigh****

35 minutes ago, Leah1976 said:

Thanks so much!!!!

I guess I am going to have to trust my doctors who say that they don't see reg flags on me... ***sigh****

Absolutely you should trust your doctors! They are in the profession for a reason! If they don't see it, they speak the truth!

• Like 1

The fact that you have frequent headaches does not mean that you have a brain tumor. If you really would have a tumor, then you would have a loss of balance, memory problems and a huge number of other problems. The reason most likely is a banal overwork. Nevertheless, MRI is a great idea, because it will surely reassure you. My friend recently had wrinkles and acne on her face and she started to cry. She constantly cried and said that she had skin cancer. In the end, I found a good clinic for her and she went to  There, doctors told her that she had a classic allergy due to cosmetics and that she should not worry about it. After cleansing her face and special procedures, her face became perfect and she was ashamed of the fact that she was delirious before that :))  So do not worry!

On 2/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, ryanstrong said:

The fact that you have frequent headaches does not mean that you have a brain tumor. If you really would have a tumor, then you would have a loss of balance, memory problems and a huge number of other problems. The reason most likely is a banal overwork. Nevertheless, MRI is a great idea, because it will surely reassure you. My friend recently had wrinkles and acne on her face and she started to cry. She constantly cried and said that she had skin cancer. In the end, I found a good clinic for her and she went toThere, doctors told her that she had a classic allergy due to cosmetics and that she should not worry about it. After cleansing her face and special procedures, her face became perfect and she was ashamed of the fact that she was delirious before that :))  So do not worry!

I agree with you!