Sign in to follow this  
vegastigr

Diverticulitis

I need help. January 11, I ended up in the ER with a diagnosis of diverticulitis. I was given antiobiotics, and followed up with my GI doc. He gave me antispasm medications. One week later, I ended up in the ER again because of the pain. Followed up with my GI doc, and he kind of blew me off. Last Thursday, the pain was so bad I went to the ER and was hospitalized overnight with intravenous antibiotics and send home with ten days work of antibiotics. I was told the pain should ease off, although there may be flare-ups.I am still in pain and since January have cancelled all of my plans. I cannot function and cannot find anyone to give me a straight answer.

My question, to all of you, is how long does it take to recover and feel normal again?Am I experiencing the normal healing?  I know there will be flare-ups but I can't believe that the pain goes on and on. My two CT scans show there is nothing else wrong with me.

If anyone can help me, I would be so grateful. Thank you.