anxiouslisa

Increased heart rate

Does anyone else feel increase anxiety and increase in heart rate after eating? I know blood is diverted to stomach for digestion, but today I really noticed it and became anxious. I actually felt anxious before eating and heart rate jumped to 126. I was thinking about how I started lexapro 4weeks ago and was wondering if I'd ever feel normal again and the panic started. Not a full blown attack but close. I took 1/2 ativan. Doesn't help I'm at work🙁

Mine can depending on what I ate. Sweet foods and caffeinated drinks while eating does it to me plus lots of bread will too. I usually try to drink a lot of water with my meals and really limit sweets and spicy foods. 

@Hollsthank you! It stinks. I try to eat low carb butvtoday had a piece of cornbread w my salad so that triggered it. Plus al I e had to drink today is one cup of coffee. Always a little dehydrated which I know causes increase heart rate 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anxiouslisa said:

@Hollsthank you! It stinks. I try to eat low carb butvtoday had a piece of cornbread w my salad so that triggered it. Plus al I e had to drink today is one cup of coffee. Always a little dehydrated which I know causes increase heart rate 

Exactly.. once you start looking hard at what you have eaten you can usually figure out the reason. I love corn bread but yep that would have done it for me as well as not drinking enough water. 

Thanks again! Always good to hear from someone who has been through the same. As miserable as it is, nice to know someone understands 

This happens to be all the time, Lisa. Usually when I eat bread or something heavy , fatty, or salty. He sometimes causes me to panic. Sounds like we could be anxiety twins at this point!

Thank God for all of you who respond. You all help calm my fears. We definitely are anxiety twins or at least cousins😊Thank you!!

Now I am having this problem and I'm wondering if it's a side effect from increasing my Effexor dosage. My resting heart rate is usually in the 70's, and now it ranges from the 90's and occasionally i'll see 104! not good for someone with anxiety.  I'm wondering If I'm dehydrated.

3 hours ago, Ethansmom said:

Now I am having this problem and I'm wondering if it's a side effect from increasing my Effexor dosage. My resting heart rate is usually in the 70's, and now it ranges from the 90's and occasionally i'll see 104! not good for someone with anxiety.  I'm wondering If I'm dehydrated.

My hormones play a huge part in my resting heart rate. Plus that's usually when I have a lot of palps. Can yours be hormonal? Do you have a watch that calculates the resting heart rate? I have a fit bit. 

Yes I’m wearing a fit bit now and am expecting my period next week . That could be the reason! Thanks for calming me down!!

@Ethansmom I've been wondering how you were doing. I no longer have cycles, but when I did, the week before I was always an anxious mess with high heart rate even at rest. My hormones have never been kind to me🙁 That being said, I sometimes still have high resting heart rate in the upper 90's. I cannot wear a fit bit because I'm obsessed with heart rate and would be focused on it always!