Pythonian

Been Awhile, Slipping

Been some time since I’ve been on here but struggling currently.  Quick background, diagnosed with anxiety and panic almost 15 years ago.  Diagnosed with depression earlier this year after going through a painful divorce.  My reaction is always thinking I am about to have a heart attack.  See a Cardiologist, ekg was “no issues at all”, echo was “heart functioning normal” and calcium score 3 years ago was 0.  Been having chest pain, back pain, muscle pain, stiff neck, and headaches.  Had blood work done a week ago that was fine but still waiting for Lyme disease result.  Having trouble keeping panic in check, every ache and pain is triggering heart fears.  See a therapist and take meds already.  Very frustrated.  Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pythonian said:

Been some time since I’ve been on here but struggling currently.  Quick background, diagnosed with anxiety and panic almost 15 years ago.  Diagnosed with depression earlier this year after going through a painful divorce.  My reaction is always thinking I am about to have a heart attack.  See a Cardiologist, ekg was “no issues at all”, echo was “heart functioning normal” and calcium score 3 years ago was 0.  Been having chest pain, back pain, muscle pain, stiff neck, and headaches.  Had blood work done a week ago that was fine but still waiting for Lyme disease result.  Having trouble keeping panic in check, every ache and pain is triggering heart fears.  See a therapist and take meds already.  Very frustrated.  Thanks for reading.

Anxiety can be very very frustrating! Sounds like you really are on top of your health. I'm glad you are seeing a therapist, mine gave me good tools to talk to my anxiety. 

Hugs. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pythonian said:

Hey, Py! It has indeed been a while, I haven't seen you since some time ago. I'm sorry you're back due to recent struggles, but as Holls said, anxiety is indeed very frustrating at times. It does also sound like you're quite on top of your health, so that's great!

Sorry to hear about the "painful divorce." :( I know that must put a lot on you. Fortunately, you're not alone in any of this. I'm glad you at least feel comfortable reaching out to us here. Have you been trying to use what you've learned in therapy, coping mechanisms and such? Is there anything in particular that you're struggling with, or is it just the all around worry that everything might be heart related?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pythonian said:

Hi, Pythonian. I'm here to commiserate. I've been having chest pain/pressure and back pain, too, almost non-stop for over a month. Breathing feels difficult, as well. EKG and echo came back perfect; GP won't consider a chest x-ray. First I thought it was my heart; now I think it's lung cancer. I can only see my therapist every two weeks and my meds aren't cutting it. It's scary and it sucks and I wish we could get these stupid thoughts out of our heads. Come back and talk anytime - I totally get it. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly but I'm glad to hear that you're working with a therapist.  I've noticed that when I keep stuff hidden inside, that's when I start feeling worse physically.  I will share that I was diagnosed with an active Lyme infection a year ago, and had mono at the same time.  It took my doctors a while to finally diagnose it, and I can tell you that my anxiety made my symptoms worse.  But I had quite a few things I was trying to juggle at the same time, like a divorce, and a horrible work atmosphere, so it all just got mixed up in my heart and head and body and I felt poorly all over.  Now, with the right medicine to clear the Lyme's hopefully, and a great therapist (as well as a new job), I'm on the mend.  Just remember to let it all out...and when you it's time, forgive. 

• Like 1