Sign in to follow this  
JungleJulia

Sorry i've been MIA lately

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been struggling with depression. I'm still trying to get through my uni course too which is so draining but I still want to do it. My new therapist is good so far, he's nice and easy to talk with but not sure yet where the process will take me. Will try and come on chat soon! 

Not been here long but missed you. Depression!! Tell me about it. I had it post GAD for a while and one has to experience it to know. You know how important it is to keep at your studies as depression hates your thoughts going away from "IT". It is not always apparent in therapy where you are going but, believe me, you look back and realise that you were on the right track. Good luck, Julie, and I hope you feel better soon.    J.

We miss you loads JJ, hurry up and get better!! But seriously don't worry, take care of yourself! We will be still here when you feel better xx

(((((Hugs))))

I've been dealing with depression too JJ and I've also been a bit MIA. Hang in there.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been struggling with depression. I'm still trying to get through my uni course too which is so draining but I still want to do it. My new therapist is good so far, he's nice and easy to talk with but not sure yet where the process will take me. Will try and come on chat soon! 

Hang in there baby girl !   You'll do ok. You have a great bounceback attitude and the world cannot keep you down for long. 

HUGS ! 

I don't think I've ever had clinical ' depression'. However I can say at my panicking WORST I was plagued with a feeling of hopelessness about m y situation and that might be converted to depression. I mean to say I thought I cannot go on anotehr day like this, when will it end, how can it stop. I think if I said those words to a psyche, they would say that is depression, but to me it seemed more like overwhelming anxiety overload !  :) I just coined that term :) 

Me too joy. When I do the questionaire at therapy I score low for depression because I don't have bad thoughts and I enjoy hobbies etc but sure I get 'fed up' a lot. Fed up of the routine, the anxiety, tired of it all and want to curl up and cry. So idk is that mild depression, I think so but I never say I feel depressed because it doesn't last long and I would feel like it was insulting to someone who suffers badly from it.

And tof I didn't know you were having a rough time too *hugs* to you both, hope you feel better soon.

It rather annoys me when I hear people who are just a bit down say they are depressed. I know that no one on this site would say that because a lot of us know what depression really is. For instance, what you have said Gilly really sums it up. You are sensible enough to know what real depression is so you realise that being 'a bit fed up' is not depression.  Depression sometimes follows anxiety but by no means always. We all get fed up with this condition but the 'well' people do not realise what the real symptoms of depression are like or they would not say they are depressed. It is like the words 'paranoid' or 'psychotic' bandied about by those who do not know what they are talking about.  It is so easy to label someone with something when we are ignorant of the real meaning of words. Sorry; a bit of a hobby horse of mine. But it is like the coverall term 'mental illness'. As we all know the symptoms for this can be so varied it is impossible to define accurately.  That's it folks. Had me rant.    J. 

• Like 1

Agree completely J. It irritates me too. I once had to go to for a medical review at the benefits office and the woman said to me "oh I see you have Crohns Disease, that's like IBS my sister has IBS" Seriously I wanted to just slap her. No it is not like IBS, it may share some symptoms but argh, IBS cant kill you, destroy your intestines and all the lovely autoimmune stuff that comes with it. yes that annoyed me a lot.

PS no offense meant to anyone with IBS, I suffer it too just it is like comparing a migraine to a brain tumour.

Thanks Tofu and Joy :) Yeah there is a difference between depression and feeling a bit down. Normally I have more anxiety, but every now and then it seems to lead into depression. I'm just so exhausted, sleeping lots and feel really kind of blank and numb. I do know that these things come and go though so i'm trying to keep focusing on things so that I don't get completely swallowed up by it. Thanks everyone for being awesome xoxox

Hang in there, Julia!  Sending serotonin-boosting thoughts to you.  Hope to see you in chat again soon.  (Hell, most nights it's a miracle to see anyone in chat)

Hope you feel better soon Vanessa. I'm proud of you for sticking with the uni course and just come to chat when your ready. No rush :). Just get to feeling better. *hugs*