Sign in to follow this  
Sumotherguy

Stressful week ahead.

The next week was already going to be stressful, getting ready for my husbands 40th birthday, my sister coming in for it and  all the stuff still left to do. 

And now it’s even more so.

I know this may not be the place but it is health related and it is affecting my anxiety.

So we just took our dog to the vet to have a lump need tested. He has 2 we are concerned about.  The vet didn’t seem concerned about them, he didn’t even recommend the test. But my friend took her dog in because she was limping, and it ended up being a massive tumor that spread and she was in pain so they put her down that same day. 

I know this is an extreme situation, and it is also making me extra sensitive and cautious but better safe than sorry. 

Now all I keep thinking is The C word. All I see are add for it on Tv and every show I watch keeps mentioning it. 

We should know in 3-5 days. Praying it’s just more fatty lumps! 

I understand your worry -- I went through the same thing with our dog this past spring -- she had a lump too that I was worried about and brought her into the vet to get it looked at and then biopsied.  It was her first one and I was really scared and then thankfully got the call that it was a fatty lump and nothing to worry about.  They said it is fairly common as dogs age - she is 14 now.  How old is your dog?  Praying things will be fine and this is the place to post about all of our worries including our furry family members.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Jennie048 glad your girls is good. My boys is 10 this month. He has had a fatty lump since he was like 2. The vets are never concerned about it. It’s “big” but nothing that bothers him. I know they say they get more with age and so hopefully that’s all it is. They are small, and agin the vet didn’t seem too worried. 

My husband isn’t concerned. And only agreed to the needle test for me but if it turns out to be something needing attention then I’ll be glad we did it. 

Now ive got to just try and push on. It’s not fair to my boys(dogs) or my husband since his bday is next week that I completely shut down till we get the call... like I want to. 

Got the results back from the needle test and his lump is just a fatty lump! Phew! 

But now, he developed some weird what the vet thinks is a bacterial infection in/around his penile area. But again the vet doesn’t seem concerned. Says these things happen. 

• Like 2

I'm so glad that the pupper is fine. Too bad about the infection, though, and I hope that clears up quickly for him. I'm sure it's not comfortable. 

• Thanks 1

We rushed him back to the vet today because he was peeing all over the house in large amounts. The vet said it could be a number of things and they are doing blood work now. Praying it’s not kidney related. 

My poor little guy. I’m not ready to loose him. 

@Angelica Schuyler he seems normal. But we are waiting for the results of the blood work to see if it shows anything more serious going on. Hoping it’s just a UTI. My friend said her dogs, both male, have gotten it and it sounds like the same symptoms to her. 

I'm glad he seems to be doing ok. It sounds like a UTI to me, too, but it's so hard to relax until the results come in. Make sure to let us know how he's doing. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, the vet called earlier today and said that his blood work is normal. It’s most likely a minor UTI. Liver and kidneys are normal. Such a huge relief. 

• Like 2