bin_tenn

Doc / Physical Update

Recommended Posts

Hey all, just wanted to pop in and let you know how my physical (exam) went today. My doc did the usual routine, checking in ears, nose, throat, etc. Basic strength tests. Checking for any lumps, bumps, etc. All is well, as I expected.

We talked about the cholesterol issue. With the family history, and the fact that my dietary improvements have not made a difference, I'm starting a 10mg statin tomorrow. I'm about to go pick it up from the pharmacy. Okay, cool. I go back in three months for a repeat lipid profile to see if it's helped.

On the plus side, my numbers are not very concerning, per my doc. She has no concerns about my short term future health, cardiac or otherwise. She thinks if the statin does the trick, I'll have no long term issues so long as I continue monitoring my blood pressure and cholesterol, and adjusting treatment as needed. Of course, she's not a psychic, but that is her professional opinion, and that certainly quells a significant amount of my immediate anxiety related to heart health. Now I just have to continue making positive changes.

All in all, everything is well. No issues. Labs otherwise fantastic, no physical issues. I'm calling the therapist tomorrow to set up my next appointment. I'm supposed to call a psychiatrist as well. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great, Binn! Sounds like an over all good visit with a plan and everything. Thanks for keeping us updated! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, @armeade25! You're welcome. I know I'm not very active here, and some people like to hear from me on occasion, so I like to post updates. I hope you're doing well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great news. And that's really good that you can have relief for any anxiety you had regarding your health. 

Your therapist will help a lot too. I loved learning tools to help when my anxiety gets high. 

You are making great positive actions in your life. We all need to hear that on here. 

Hugs!!!!!! Such good news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Holls said:

That's great news. And that's really good that you can have relief for any anxiety you had regarding your health. 

Your therapist will help a lot too. I loved learning tools to help when my anxiety gets high. 

You are making great positive actions in your life. We all need to hear that on here. 

Hugs!!!!!! Such good news. 

Thanks, @Holls. I really need to call the therapist, but I'm having trouble finding motivation. Haha. Trying to convince myself to set up my next appointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bin_tenn said:

Thanks, @Holls. I really need to call the therapist, but I'm having trouble finding motivation. Haha. Trying to convince myself to set up my next appointment.

Awwe. You will be glad to make an appointment. I was a nervous wreck during .y first few visits but by the time I left I always felt lighter and happier. It is so worth it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PennyPanic said:

Great news!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Holls said:

Awwe. You will be glad to make an appointment. I was a nervous wreck during .y first few visits but by the time I left I always felt lighter and happier. It is so worth it. 

It doesn't bother me to go. It's just hard for me to justify spending that time in their office knowing that I feel well the vast majority of the time. Haha. Then I'll have some sort of panic attack, and that's when I'll regret not having gone yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a great check up! Glad everything is well health wise! My husband is 36 and on a cholesterol tablet also so it’s pretty common 😉 I think you will enjoy therapy, I was nervous at my first appointment but the things I learned about myself and how to cope was so worth it! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kindra said:

Sounds like a great check up! Glad everything is well health wise! My husband is 36 and on a cholesterol tablet also so it’s pretty common 😉 I think you will enjoy therapy, I was nervous at my first appointment but the things I learned about myself and how to cope was so worth it! 

Ah, well that's helpful to know. :) It's not extremely common, but I'm sure there are people out there around my age - maybe even younger - who also take them. 😛 My first therapy appointment went well a short while back. I just don't feel like I need to go every week, though that's what she suggested. I dunno. I still haven't called them yet. Haha.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bin_tenn said:

Ah, well that's helpful to know. :) It's not extremely common, but I'm sure there are people out there around my age - maybe even younger - who also take them. 😛 My first therapy appointment went well a short while back. I just don't feel like I need to go every week, though that's what she suggested. I dunno. I still haven't called them yet. Haha.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

You know what you need! If you don’t feel every week is necessary then chances are, you’re right! When you do go back, let us know how it goes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kindra said:

You know what you need! If you don’t feel every week is necessary then chances are, you’re right! When you do go back, let us know how it goes! 

Sure will, thank you. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My therapist would try to make weekly appts but I only wanted one every 2 weeks then once a month.  I would come in with a date in mind for the next appt then let her know. 🤣 Lol you still haven't called!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Holls said:

My therapist would try to make weekly appts but I only wanted one every 2 weeks then once a month.  I would come in with a date in mind for the next appt then let her know. 🤣 Lol you still haven't called!!

Correct, I have not. LoL. I do need to call Monday. This coming week will be two weeks since my first appointment. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now