Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. I’m having an awful time. Haven’t posted in awhile but I’ve been bad for several monthes now. The latest thing has put me over the top. I know this is going to sound trivial. I had what feels like a pimple pop up in my ear a few days ago. At first I thought nothing of it. I looked at it in the mirror Saturday night and it looked really red and inflamed. I freaked out . I took at least 100 pictures of it. Kept making my husband check it over and over again. He won’t lie to me and he said it does look inflamed but that it’s just a pimple. It itches and for som reason that’s what’s freaking me out. Plus I don’t get why I can’t get it to come to a head. It comes to a little head but that’s it. I tried warm compresses. I know I’m over the top with this, but I can’t make myself stop. Any reassurance or suggestions would mean so much to me. Thanks

2 hours ago, Mrsrpmddo said:

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. I’m having an awful time. Haven’t posted in awhile but I’ve been bad for several monthes now. The latest thing has put me over the top. I know this is going to sound trivial. I had what feels like a pimple pop up in my ear a few days ago. At first I thought nothing of it. I looked at it in the mirror Saturday night and it looked really red and inflamed. I freaked out . I took at least 100 pictures of it. Kept making my husband check it over and over again. He won’t lie to me and he said it does look inflamed but that it’s just a pimple. It itches and for som reason that’s what’s freaking me out. Plus I don’t get why I can’t get it to come to a head. It comes to a little head but that’s it. I tried warm compresses. I know I’m over the top with this, but I can’t make myself stop. Any reassurance or suggestions would mean so much to me. Thanks

I have had pimple in my ears a lot and they hurt like hell..mine get red and hot and inflamed and I never pop mine.. I clean mine with rubbing alcohol and leave it be. 

I know we have talked before.. I have been were you are.. it's an anxiety spiral.. just one worry after the other after the other. That's when I got frustrated enough to get serious about getting help for my anxiety. There are some free CBT work sheets online.. I'm not really sure what you try to do for the anxiety but it might help to start. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Holls for responding. This pimple itches so bad. Now I have two more small ones in the same ear. I broke down and called my doctor. She said that when a pimple is on that cartilage it’s hard for it to go away and to come to a head. She said just use warm compresses. She wasn’t concerned about the other pimples either. I feel a little better but I’m still spiraling . I’ve taken probably a 100 pictures of my ear. I’ve been going through a lot of stress lately too. My dad died recently and a lot of other things. I’ve done cbt therapy it helped me a lot for several monthes . Now I’m spiraling again. I’ve made an appointment for next week with a therapist. I’m now trying to decide if I should go have my doctor look at this or not. She says it’s not nexessary

Oh yes the old pimple worry, I know it well. I'm a 50-year old who still gets blemishes...and sometimes in very weird places. I had one just inside my nose a few weeks ago...that was no fun and rather disgusting - looked like (don't laugh) a booger but it wasn't a booger - I swear it wasn't! I had to pop it because it totally looked like a booger and we were going out to dinner with friends and how was I going to explain that..and they would surely be staring at me etc... and then I was worried about it... Oh the joys...Anyhow, I've had pimples in my ears like you...I've had them everywhere....especially right before and during that fun monthly visit. One time I went to my derm for a pimple on my leg. I was convinced it was something sinister so he literally squeezed me in between surgical procedures only to tell me it was a pimple. His nurse popped it and cleaned it up and sent me on my way. He refused to charge me for the visit. He said it was stupid to charge me for popping a pimple, but he was so wonderful like that and so used to my hysteria. To bad for me he has since retired, but I digress. In all likelihood it's just a pimple that will go away and then, if you're like me, it will be replaced by another worry. Hang in there and please do keep us posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haha thanks for at least making me smile about the nose pimple. I know I should feel relieved by my doctor not being alarmed. But all I can focus on is this pimple. Espcially freaked out now that two more little ones popped up. But I haven’t been cleaning ear good since this pimple popped up. Scared soap will make it worse. So maybe that’s why the others popped up. I’m really spiraling and I can’t seem to calm myself.

• Like 1

Sounds like it could even be a boil which is of course, just a different nuisance. If it isn't going away make a PCP appointment and they can probably lance/drain it for you in the office. I agree w everyone else - you're fine! 

• Thanks 1

I don't know but for me the fact that the original pimple has 2 little friends is something that I personally would find reassuring. Really sinister things don't usual travel with friends. So...it would lead me to conclude that it was a garden variety blemish or perhaps a minor rash or something. That is to say, something more along the lines of a nuisance rather than something dire. With that said, Enid has a great idea, if it bothers you, go get it checked out and lanced/drained and then it will most certainly go away and you'll feel so much better that a professional looked at it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply penny. Even though my husband says it looks better and it does. It’s not as sore either. I broke down and made a doctor appointment for in the morning. Since I have the appointment I guess I’ll just go and have her look at it. Thanks everyone who replied it truly helped alot

• Like 1

Also Mrs keep realizing, because it's true, that we are prone to spikes in our HA when we are otherwise going through stressful periods. When I have life issues I'm dealing with that are really upsetting me, I'm on guard for the increased possibility that a HA scare is right around the corner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes bob you’re so right. Well I did go to doctor. My doctor is so very good to me. She calls to check on me. As I figured she said my ear is fine. Just a pimple. Already drying up. Now I find myself moving on to something else. I start therapy next week. I’m really hoping it will help. Thanks so much everyone❤️

Great news! Hang in there and Bob is so right. I sometimes wonder if the HA is a way to deal with ...or avoid dealing with...other life stressors. I don't know. Anyhow, it's just a pimple....and exhale. 

• Thanks 1