Today's fear of the day is *drum roll* liver cancer or pancreatic cancer. 

Dr. Google who I checked in with says my chronic itch/pain in my left shoulder blade + shortness of breath + upper right side abdomen pain could be liver disease or pancreatic disease. I also have an inability to drink alcohol without body pains. 

I hate this. 

I had an ultrasound of my abdomen in February and it was normal. My blood tests are normal. I had a urine test last year that was normal. I can't shake these thoughts and the gastroenterologist can't see me until October. 

18 minutes ago, armeade25 said:

Today's fear of the day is *drum roll* liver cancer or pancreatic cancer. 

Dr. Google who I checked in with says my chronic itch/pain in my left shoulder blade + shortness of breath + upper right side abdomen pain could be liver disease or pancreatic disease. I also have an inability to drink alcohol without body pains. 

I hate this. 

I had an ultrasound of my abdomen in February and it was normal. My blood tests are normal. I had a urine test last year that was normal. I can't shake these thoughts and the gastroenterologist can't see me until October. 

Let me help ease your fears. It's absolutely not liver or pancreatic cancer. As you know, my friend passed from liver cancer.. she could tolerate alcohol just fine with no issues.. I can not. I have never been able to drink. She did not have good blood work and she did not have itching. She had intense and I mean INTENSE pain that was from her left shoulder to left lower back. She was losing tons of weight fast and without trying . She was bloating after tiny amounts of food to where she looked 3 months pregnant right away. She was throwing up a lot too. We knew something was wrong. Her xray showed her tumor. As for pancreatic..  it's a lot of the same symptoms, my aunt passed from that but she was in her 90s. Both of these cancers are rare and extremely rare for your age. My friend found out after surgery that she had an abnormal liver her whole life and that's what eventually caused her cancer. 

I went to the e.r. with left side pain that I was having for months. I demanded a CT scan. All was clear my e.r. Dr suspected muscle pain/strain and he was right. I get it every now and then but I don't focus on it and as we with HA know the more you focus on one thing the worse it get. :(

• Like 1

I always worry though that there is something abnormal. I don't have horrible pain, it comes and goes, but ugh. I have had good urine tests, blood tests and a clear ultrasound though so I guess that works in my favour. I asked my gastroenterologist in an email if he thought it was urgent and he said no. But I also am like 90lbs and can't gain weight so I often wonder if that's because something is wrong with me. And have always had gastro issues like constipation and what seems to be malabsorption. 

26 minutes ago, armeade25 said:

I always worry though that there is something abnormal. I don't have horrible pain, it comes and goes, but ugh. I have had good urine tests, blood tests and a clear ultrasound though so I guess that works in my favour. I asked my gastroenterologist in an email if he thought it was urgent and he said no. But I also am like 90lbs and can't gain weight so I often wonder if that's because something is wrong with me. And have always had gastro issues like constipation and what seems to be malabsorption. 

Jenn didn't have pain that came and went.. it was constant. And she was already thin as well so it was worrisome to see her lose any weight at all. 

Gastro issues are common.. you are healthy and have gastro issues. That's ok. I'm sure you have worked with your Dr on how to control those issues like the constipation etc? If not it's not going to harm you. 

YES!!!! The blood test is a good thing. Jenn did not have good blood work. It's what made the drs. Do the X-ray. 

This is just your anxiety.. it's talking to you and it's telling you some scary untrue things. Let it talk and know that your anxiety mind isn't a Dr and it has no business diagnosing you, no matter how much school it went to on Google 😉 let the thoughts come and and say no to each one. Hugs. 

• Like 1

I've actually had an upper abdominal/chest X-ray already in March that was clear and the abdominal ultrasound. I've also had a spinal MRI and urine tests with no alarming results. My gastroenterologist is wonderful - he saved me when I had c. Diff in 2012 and I do trust him but his wait list is just so long! He replies to emails super quickly because he's wonderful but I feel awful exploiting that so I try not to. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, armeade25 said:

I've actually had an upper abdominal/chest X-ray already in March that was clear and the abdominal ultrasound. I've also had a spinal MRI and urine tests with no alarming results. My gastroenterologist is wonderful - he saved me when I had c. Diff in 2012 and I do trust him but his wait list is just so long! He replies to emails super quickly because he's wonderful but I feel awful exploiting that so I try not to. 

You are healthy. You just have to believe it. It's hard when your anxiety chatter comes in.. but that's all it is is chatter and not truth. Hugs!!! He sounds like an awesome Dr. None of my Dr has email contact with patients. You are in good caring hands. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, armeade25 said:

You honestly are an angel, @Holls. One of my fav people!! 

And you mine. Hugs!!! 😍😘😍

• Like 1

Ugh I wish I was feeling better today but the pain in my left shoulder is still driving me nuts. It alternates between being sort of sharp pains that move around my shoulder and itching. I also have the abdominal pain still. I can't help but connect them. I'm almost positive at this point that I have a liver disease or some kind of cancer even though none of my tests indicate that at all. my bout with constipation also seems to be over and now it's the complete opposite. My tummy is gross and grumbly today. I made a deal with myself to never look in the toilet anymore. Just flush and leave. I think that's overall better for my anxiety. Over the last 3 or so years I've lost a lot of weight. I've seen the evidence of that in pictures. I wish I could just figure this all out. 

6 minutes ago, armeade25 said:

Now it's a dull pain. Lord, I need a break from symptoms that scare me. 😰

It's not your liver . Just keep saying that to yourself when your mind is telling you these thoughts. 

I had that dull never ending ache for months. Mine was worse after I ate. It ended up being a pulled sore muscle. 

Your blood work is good, your tests are good. 😘

• Like 1

I haven't had bloodwork since March but I'm trying not to worry about it. March is good. This is okay. I picked up my prescription for Elavil today - it's a mood and chronic pain treatment so I am hoping I have some success with that and at the very least, get some better sleep! 

• Like 1

Ugh. Worrying horribly about this again. I have an internal itch near my sternum now. It's been there a couple days. It's awful, like it's just under my skin and I can't scratch it. Everything online says this can only be pancreatic or liver cancer. I'm afraid that something is being missed. I'm also getting gurgling every time I eat now and bloating. The tingling and pain in the upper right part of my abdomen has remained. :( 

3 hours ago, armeade25 said:

Ugh. Worrying horribly about this again. I have an internal itch near my sternum now. It's been there a couple days. It's awful, like it's just under my skin and I can't scratch it. Everything online says this can only be pancreatic or liver cancer. I'm afraid that something is being missed. I'm also getting gurgling every time I eat now and bloating. The tingling and pain in the upper right part of my abdomen has remained. :( 

None of those are symptoms of pancreatic or liver issues. Maybe make a quick appt to your pcp. Tell them your fears. They won't be worried and when they aren't, then you should let it go and move forward. Sometimes even when I know I'm being  irrational hearing it from my Dr is the only way I can move on. 

• Like 1

My pcp is unfortunately not very helpful. I think I'm going to start looking for a new one who understands health anxiety a little better. I've been with mine for over 10 years so it'll be strange to change! She sometimes makes my anxiety worse.

I also know I need to stop googling. I'm feeling a little discouraged. I was doing quite well but sometimes I have trouble once I've convinced myself of something. If you google "itch and pain upper right abdomen and shoulder itch" it all leads to liver and gallbladder. :( It's hard for me to understand how it wouldn't be even if no one else is worried. 

I have a good weekend planned and I'm hoping I feel well enough to enjoy it. I want to take my wife to the farmers market tomorrow because she SO deserves a break from my issues and then we have a bridal shower for a friend on Sunday. 

26 minutes ago, armeade25 said:

My pcp is unfortunately not very helpful. I think I'm going to start looking for a new one who understands health anxiety a little better. I've been with mine for over 10 years so it'll be strange to change! She sometimes makes my anxiety worse.

I also know I need to stop googling. I'm feeling a little discouraged. I was doing quite well but sometimes I have trouble once I've convinced myself of something. If you google "itch and pain upper right abdomen and shoulder itch" it all leads to liver and gallbladder. :( It's hard for me to understand how it wouldn't be even if no one else is worried. 

I have a good weekend planned and I'm hoping I feel well enough to enjoy it. I want to take my wife to the farmers market tomorrow because she SO deserves a break from my issues and then we have a bridal shower for a friend on Sunday. 

Staying busy really helps quiet the anxiety chatter in your head. So yes, go and enjoy all your activities this weekend. 

My Dr at first would listen to me then say well we can run this test and this test and it made me horribly anxious so one day I told her look.. I clearly have health anxiety so any unnecessary tests adds to my fear until I get the results so for now on, no tests unless necessary.. since then she had it done one time and it was a referral for a bladder scope after I had several urine samples with microscopic blood. It's in your best interest to go to someone who understands the way you think. I went to her over pancreatic fears and I wasn't even half way done and she said let me stop you there.. you don't have pancreatic cancer if that's what your getting at .. and it was. Lol. Then she explained why I didn't. 

My friend and aunt never itched. I remember you talking about this itch for awhile now.  You did get that looked at and they thought it was what? 

• Like 1

The itching on my back, no one has any idea what it's from. I've had a spinal MRI and a brain MRI/CT. I also have the itching on my right abdomen under my ribs. The only thing my abdominal ultrasounds have ever shown is constipation (unpleasant). I wonder if any of these symptoms could be from that. 

1 hour ago, armeade25 said:

The itching on my back, no one has any idea what it's from. I've had a spinal MRI and a brain MRI/CT. I also have the itching on my right abdomen under my ribs. The only thing my abdominal ultrasounds have ever shown is constipation (unpleasant). I wonder if any of these symptoms could be from that. 

I'm not sure. But also remember you had blood work in March and liver levels and all your others were good. Hugs. This busy weekend will be good for you. Have fun. You deserve it. 

• Like 1

What do you mean when you say you can't drink alcohol without pain? I think you and I are having a lot of the same symptoms 

My fear right now is also my liver 

Hi Jessi - 

When I drink alcohol, my skin hurts to touch, particularly in my flank area on both sides. But even pressing down on my arm hurts. I believe I am very sensitive to alcohol and haven't had anything to drink in quite a few months. I won't be putting any alcohol in my system going forward ❤️ Hope that helps! 

Hi

Yes it does. 

My right yooer quadrant area hurts some after I've drank. Of course it hurts when I don't drink,also lol but I'm still concerned it's my liver 

I also had a clear ultrasound about 6 months ago, but I know how you feel,still not being secure with even that

Hope things get better for you 

I also had a clear ultrasound and clear blood tests - I hope you are okay as well. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and though I find it hard to accept that it explains all my symptoms, I am certainly trying. Positive thoughts to you!