Sign in to follow this  
AnneBoleyn

Spotting

So today after the beach when we got back home I felt a little “wet”. I went to the bathroom and saw 2 light brown spots in my bathing suit. Now my period for whatever reason has been weird lasting 10 days. I had it checked out and everything was fine. This month I was 3 days late then it stopped for 2 days and came back. I got it on the 17th so I’m mid cycle. Has anyone had spotting mid cycle?  I’m going to make an appt as I’m due for my annual anywAy. I’ve also been quesy on and off. 

I spot all the time! USUALLY it's very predictably mid-cycle. Right around ovulation time which is super super normal. My period ended two days ago and I had some spotting today! Weird and unusual for me, but I"m not too worried. 

Stress can wreak havoc on our cycles so I usually chalk up any anomalies to that. It's always good to mention anything unusual to your gyno, just to be on the safe side, but I don't think you need to make a special appointment or anything. If things still feel out of whack by the time your next appointment rolls around, just bring it up and I'm sure your doc can reassure you. 

But, yeah, to answer your most direct question -- I spot mid cycle almost every month as do a lot of other women 🙂

I was spotting randomly and my doctor give me a stronger prescription for the pill. It reduced the spotting. I'm considering going off the pill soon though because I read about the effects it can have on anxiety. So fingers crossed the spotting doesn't start up again :( Don't stress, it's common. 

12 minutes ago, JungleJulia said:

I was spotting randomly and my doctor give me a stronger prescription for the pill. It reduced the spotting. I'm considering going off the pill soon though because I read about the effects it can have on anxiety. So fingers crossed the spotting doesn't start up again :( Don't stress, it's common. 

Ugh anxiety and birth control!!!! :(

I got on the pill to stop diverticulitis flares.. my period cramping was some how causing monthly flares so the goal was to stop the menstrual.. I took birth control continually. It was a miserable time for me. Birth control side effects are diff for everyone of course but mine were highten anxiety, no sex drive and like no emotions. Just anxious. I started spotting after a yr and 4mths on the pill and was so glad. I stopped taking them and no diverticulitis flares, my sex drive came back and my anxiety is getting less and less and I have all my emotions back. Hugs. I know how the birth control anxiety can be hard

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Holls said:

Ugh anxiety and birth control!!!! :(

I got on the pill to stop diverticulitis flares.. my period cramping was some how causing monthly flares so the goal was to stop the menstrual.. I took birth control continually. It was a miserable time for me. Birth control side effects are diff for everyone of course but mine were highten anxiety, no sex drive and like no emotions. Just anxious. I started spotting after a yr and 4mths on the pill and was so glad. I stopped taking them and no diverticulitis flares, my sex drive came back and my anxiety is getting less and less and I have all my emotions back. Hugs. I know how the birth control anxiety can be hard

Thanks Holls! I've decided to stop it at the end of this cycle, fingers crossed it goes well! Sounds like you're better off without it :)