Thrufaith

Leg pain...concerned!

I have been feeling leg pain for a while now on both legs. Mainly in my knees but it seems to radiate into my thighs as well. The pain is symmetrical in both legs and it freaks me out. I had a baby 3 months ago and about 1 month and half ago this all over joint pain started, but now its mainly focused on my legs. Im very concerned and scared that it could be an autoimmine disease or bone cancer or something!!!! Im trying to be rational and think this is all due to hormones and bones and muscles adjusting back to normal, but im having a hard time and its triggering my anxiety as well. I went through a simar experience with my first pregnancy, but for some reason this is freaking me out. I have had testing for autoimmune diseases 2 years ago and all came back clear. Im not sure what to think definitely scared at the moment thinking the worst. Please help with any suggestions or advice! Thank you! 

I think that hormones play tricks on my legs. It seems that when I'm on my cycle odd sensations happen. Keep in mind you have gone from carrying a baby for 9 months (I assume) to not, so major weight change. I would say (not a doc) that as long as you have no swelling or cannot walk, wait it out. I would think bone cancer would not present all over but maybe more focally? 

One other possibility, is that you are adjusting your walking after having been pregnant and carrying the excess weight, to now being lighter.  It could also have something to do with poor fitting shoes; especially if you have corns or calluses and the like as it makes us walk different, even if we're not aware that we do so.

Thats what i thinking i am hoping its a combination of hormones and weight adjustment as well as the strain of carrying the baby that is causing all this. I saw my chiropractor and she said my joint near my pelvis were all off and she thinks the leg and knee pain is due to a misalgnment and having to compensate and use other muslces to walk. Im hoping with treatment it will get better! Scared at times about this!! 

Hi Thrufaith

As someone who has an autoimmune disease and is also a 46 year old women I will tell you HORMONES! They only need to be a little out of whack to cause so much distress. Oh boy have my legs throbbed and hurt at times, knees, thighs, shins, you name it... and I know 100% it’s not autoimmune because my last flare was in 2005! 

Pregnancy and being a new Mum is huge on your mind and body, go easy on yourself. 

Try epsom salt baths ! 

• Like 1