Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyG

Does this happen to anyone else? Blood sugar issues? Thyroid? Desperate

Hello!  I’m 37 years old, seemingly healthy female, good weight... for several years now, I will have spells of what seems to be low blood sugar. Sometimes it lasts for a few weeks, sometimes it seems to last months.  I’m currently dealing with a spell that’s lasted since April.  The only way I know to describe it is like a constant hunger.  Like I have to eat or I will pass out.  A feeling of uneasiness.  Stomach churning, feeling like I’m going to have a panic attack.. it wakes me in the middle of the night!  I will wake up disoriented, feeling like if I don’t eat, I will faint.  I don’t necessarily sweat or get shaken, although sometimes my ears will ring.  I home test my glucose and sometimes my fasting is a little high (90s or 100) but every fasting glucose the dr has done has been in 70s.  When I check my glucose during the spells, it’s usually within normal limits.  Not low.  I just had my thyroid tested last week and waiting on those results.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It’s caused me to gain about 5lbs (which I really needed to gain due to losing so much during my last stomach episode).  I’m just desperate and feel crazy and miserable.  It doesn’t matter how much I eat, I feel like my blood sugar is out of control.  Had a chicken sandwich and fries last night around 8.  I woke up at 3am feeling awful and had to get a glass of mile and several spoonfulls of peanut butter.  I’m assuming my drs have check the A1c levels during fasting labs I’ve had.. I can’t see that specific test when I look at the portal but my fasting glucose levels are in normal range.  Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Are you by any chance on birth control?

i get like this but it’s been chucked to the birth control.

and 

Good all stress.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, MonkeyG said:

Had a chicken sandwich and fries last night around 8.  I woke up at 3am feeling awful 

Well, I think that thyroid test may be useful and the results of that may help answer your question.  Now, may one assume you have reviewed all of this with your doctor?

So, eating so late isn't great to be doing.  You may want to change your eating habits.  Bodies change as we age and what we eat and when we can eat can impact us rather rapidly.

My wife developed GERD early last year and dropped about 7-8 pounds.  Which took her down to like 106 lbs.  I actually had her scoped vs just waiting and seeing.  No significant findings.  Blood was fine.  She just developed reflux and got very sensitive to certain foods.  

Thank you for your responses.  I heard back from the dr yesterday via email and my thyroid labs were normal but she did say that my A1c was 5 and would call to discuss.  It’s so weird because I’ll have days where I am fine for the most part but today and yesterday, I feel horrible.  I woke up at 4 am and check my glucose and it was at 94.  Not low and not really considered HIGH even though I would like it lower.  Have you ever brushed your teeth on an empty stomach and had that weird  churching  feeling from it?  That’s the best way I know to describe it . And today I also have slight headache.  Complete brain fog and a constant churning and uneasiness.  No birth control but I do think it must be hormonal or my body is somehow having a hard time metabolizing food or something.  Really wanting to rush to the ER or back to the dr but my vitals are fine even thought I have no energy and feel AWFUl.  Hoping it passes soon or I can figure out what is going on.