ivyt73

Clonazepam on backorder

On 7/15/2018 at 8:30 PM, ivyt73 said:

Actavis is the replacement for Teva.  Teva bought Actavis and is now releasing the clonazepam under the Activis name.  It is likely that will be the one those of us that were on Teva brand will be ending up with.  I always go to CVS and they always had Teva, once that was unavailable they gave me Solco but I am guessing when I go to refill again it will be Actavis since that is what Teva now makes and that is the vendor CVS has the relationship with.  The good thing is that Actavis and Solco are exactly the same ingredients, absolutely the same not just the active but the inactive ingredients and the came chemical makeup so other than looking different it really is the same med. The Solco I am taking now has been perfect, no issues so the Actavis should be fine for you too.  I hate this too.  I am just trying to not worry about the next refill.  

So you said the Soloco is ok? I am so tired of this. 

I stopped checking brands.  I've had to change pharmacies several times when they were out of stock but I've had no concerns with any of the brands.  I've been taking .5 for many years and it's been a real blessing.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ihadcancer said:

I stopped checking brands.  I've had to change pharmacies several times when they were out of stock but I've had no concerns with any of the brands.  I've been taking .5 for many years and it's been a real blessing.  

I should probably just stop worrying about it. 

I would.  I signed up for FDA updates since my husband is on so many medications and some have been pulled due to contamination.  I've seen no concerns with Clonezepam.  

My new primary, since I've been released by my oncologist, refuses to give me scripts so I have to see a second doctor several times a year for that. 

• Like 1

So far I have taken Teva, Solco, and Actavis and haven't noticed anything.  I still don't want to change again and I call several pharmacies to find Actavis since that is what I am taking now but they were all fine.  You will be fine on the Solco, I took it for 3 months, maybe 6 and it was good.

Ivy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ivyt73 said:

So far I have taken Teva, Solco, and Actavis and haven't noticed anything.  I still don't want to change again and I call several pharmacies to find Actavis since that is what I am taking now but they were all fine.  You will be fine on the Solco, I took it for 3 months, maybe 6 and it was good.

Ivy

Thank you!!!!!

TEVA is considering bringing back their old formula clonazepam- I called and talked to a rep around 4/1/19.

Please ALL CALL TEVA customer service at the number below to ask for the old TEVA formula back!

Call TEVA at 888-838-2872 (option #3 then option #5) for customer service and ask for old formula back!

I just can't believe what I am reading. To take any form of medication without advice from your doctor is crazy. How do you know you are not getting a placebo, or worse still some cooked up drug that can do harm? When there are so many medications that can be prescribed for anxiety why take chances. The exception to this may be herbal medications, but even these should be checked out with your GP before taking. I have seen the harm that can be done by buying prescription only drugs illegally (UK) over the counter or by mail. Are the medications mentioned available in the UK?          I doubt it. There are very strict rules here in regard to prescribed drugs being sold without prescription. I am aware of the controversial nature of this subject, and many feel that they should have the freedom to choose what drugs they take. I disagree, but it's only my opinion from experience. Your doctor knows you and can prescribe accordingly. Self diagnosis in anxiety is dangerous, and any unprescribed medication should have that noted on the bottle. St. John's Wort is a good example. Taken on its own it can be beneficial, but taken with prescribed drugs, especially antidepressants, it can cause major problems.

I have looked up Actavis, or the manufacturers of,  and they have offices in the UK, but all their drugs appear to be prescription only. All the companies mentioned are USA based so do not have to conform to the NICE guidelines in the UK. (National Institute for Clinical Excellence). But they still have to pass vigorous tests here to be listed as prescribed medication.   

It’s still the same medicine, just different branding, they legally can’t change anything in the formula or the medicine. They may change its appearance, but that’s only as an identification of the brand :) Don’t worry, you can take it and it will be fine. 

• Thanks 1

Bella P I think you may be misinformed. You are correct in that the active ingredients in a generic drug are supposed to be the same. However, the inactive ingredients are often quite different,  which equates to different levels of the active ingredient being metabolized. Hence one brand of the generic drug may work better than another. Another point for consideration is that even the amount of the active ingredients is different as per generic manufacturers. NPR recently reported on the lack of FDA regulation on generics particularly when so many of the generics are being made overseas in India and China. NPR’s report was quite enlightening as to the great lengths some companies are going to, to cut corners. One can only hope that more companies will embrace impeccability and produce products of integrity.