Vandelsrock21

Freaking lump in throat feeling again

Omg when will it end. I have no heart burn but i have a lump in my throat feeling worse then last time. I am scared my throat or tongue or tonsil has cancer that spread making things worse. My sick mind or my sick body. Super frustrating.

7 hours ago, Vandelsrock21 said:

Omg when will it end. I have no heart burn but i have a lump in my throat feeling worse then last time. I am scared my throat or tongue or tonsil has cancer that spread making things worse. My sick mind or my sick body. Super frustrating.

If I focus on my throat I can feel like there's a lump there... If I really focus I can change the way I breath or walk... Over focusing on normal body functions can cause a lot of worry over nothing. Hugs.. this is your anxiety being over active. 

• Like 1

Heartburn isn't the only symptom of reflux, especially if you have been diagnosed with GERD or similar. You don't have to have any of the classic symptoms to suffer from other symptoms, such as the lump in the throat sensation. I get this from time to time as well!

• Like 1

I've had a lump in my throat on and off for many years... I find it gets a lot worse when my LPR is bad. I don't usually have traditional GERD but I do have reflux which presents a little differently and is more throat focused. I hope that helps! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Holls said:

If I focus on my throat I can feel like there's a lump there... If I really focus I can change the way I breath or walk... Over focusing on normal body functions can cause a lot of worry over nothing. Hugs.. this is your anxiety being over active. 

I so agree with this! I don't have GERD or any reflux issues but when I was in the middle of anxiety and PA"s I would come up with new symptoms every week. And this one of the most uncomfortable ones. It took me a long time to understand I created it. 

Like your posts a lot Holls----it's like a warm blanket covering anxious people (sprinkled with the truth. :)). 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MsLLL said:

I so agree with this! I don't have GERD or any reflux issues but when I was in the middle of anxiety and PA"s I would come up with new symptoms every week. And this one of the most uncomfortable ones. It took me a long time to understand I created it. 

Like your posts a lot Holls----it's like a warm blanket covering anxious people (sprinkled with the truth. :)). 

Awwe. Thank you. I can say the same for your posts. You definitely helped me a ton last yr when I was in a spiral. I'm forever grateful 😘😍

• Like 1