Sign in to follow this  
kvndl2

PMS and Breast tenderness

It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here so just let me start by saying hello and that I hope you all are doing well. 

As for why I’m here I’m just concerned about my cycle and hormone balance. 

A week before my birthday which my right breast was tender and then I didn’t really start my period a week later it was just brown discharge that wasn’t heavy or anything. I didn’t have any cramps or other pms symptoms. This went on for 2 weeks. So I called the doctor. Got an appointment. They did breast exam and pelvic exam everything was normal. 

Well a week goes by. Still having discharge and tender breast and then discharge finally stops for about 3 days but my breast was still tender so I messaged my doctor and told her and she ordered an ultrasound for me. And then the next day I started my period. 

Fast forward to today. I had my ultrasound. Everything was normal. Radiologist said I might have a clogged duct. And that’s what could be causing tenderness. Well I’m still on my period have been on it for a little over a week now. It goes on and off from brown to red. Not super heavy but enough to where I still have to change my pad at least twice a day. 

Also I’m 25. 

Ive always had irregular periods where I’d go months without having it. Record being 3 months. But it’s never done this. I don’t really want to go on birth control because my family has a history of not going doing well on it. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks for reading this. 

Also I forgot to mention when my birthday was. It was March 31 so my breast has been sensitive for over a month now 

Hi. I don't do well on birth control either. I have horrible side effects. :(

I know as we age our periods change mine got heavier when I hit 32.. I'm 38 now. They have leveled back out but they are longer.. right at 7 days Compared to my normal 5. My obgyn said it's normal. It sounds like you did the right thing and talked to your Dr.. they don't sound concerned. I have breast tenderness a good two weeks before my period.. and of course if I work out or lift heavy things. 

Sorry I wish I could help you more. It all sounds normal to me but if you can't stop worrying sometimes the best way to stop the worry is just hearing it from the Dr. Hugs. 

Thank you Holls. I appreciate your reply. Yeah it seems like it’s just normal body things it’s just odd since it’s never done this before. But I have another follow up on the 21st so we shall see how that goes.