Sign in to follow this  
Gracie4ever

Afraid of having melanoma, please help

In my health we are learning about melanoma and now I'm scared. I've had this big mole on the side of my breast for a really long time and was never really worried about it because it has always been there. But now that Im looking at it I'm getting anxious. Its big, but not bigger than an eraser on a pencil. It looks symmetric, but along the border it looks a bit darker. It never hurts and I never notice is ooze or anything. Its mostly dark all over, but a little darker on the edges. I have a couple big moles on my back that have always been there, but again I can't look at my own back so I don't know if they look like this one. Im scared because if it is melanoma its been there for years and that means I would probably die from it, right? Please help, Im too scared to go to the doctor.

If it was melanoma and there for that long, you would know it by now. Has it changed at all? I recently went thru a melanoma scare too after my dad was recently diagnosed. If you have had it for a long time and it hasn't changed its nothing! I went and had a full body check to ease my mind. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysWorried21 said:

If it was melanoma and there for that long, you would know it by now. Has it changed at all? I recently went thru a melanoma scare too after my dad was recently diagnosed. If you have had it for a long time and it hasn't changed its nothing! I went and had a full body check to ease my mind. 

Im not sure if anything is changed, it may have gotten bigger over time, but Im not sure. I was never really concerned with it. What worries me is that it is raised and kinda big, which makes it look weird

If it looks like it has gotten a little bigger I would go and get looked at. My husband has had numerous skin cancer scares, and anytime something grows even a littler he gets it removed to be safe. It is normal for moles to change over time. As long as it has not changed quickly, you are probably fine.

1 hour ago, utrocket09 said:

If it looks like it has gotten a little bigger I would go and get looked at. My husband has had numerous skin cancer scares, and anytime something grows even a littler he gets it removed to be safe. It is normal for moles to change over time. As long as it has not changed quickly, you are probably fine.

I don't think its gotten bigger, at least from what I have noticed