Jinx

In the throes of bone cancer fear

Man the last few weeks have been bad for me. The other day I posted how my HA was getting me down and this fear is one of the reasons for that. A few weeks ago I was just standing in the yard chatting with the neighbor and when I went to move I experienced a NEW pain. A pain that I have never felt before, right there in my upper leg near the femur. A deep pain. I waited for a few days and it went away so I was happy. However it has returned and it has me extremely worried. It's been there for a few days and I feel like I am losing my mind. I don't want to keep running to the doctor and it's obviously in my charts that I have health anxiety so there are many times that I don not feel that I am taken seriously. I am so scared that this time I might be right.

Hello Jinx,

I know that because of HA we always gravitate toward the worse possible scenario, but honestly that kind of pain is quite generic and can be caused by a thousand benign things. Have you considered sciatica as a possible explanation? It is caused by an irritation of the sciatic nerve and while it can be quite painful and bothersome, it is not life threatening. Have you noticed if certain things make the pain worse (standing up, seating/lying down) or better? Have you noticed if taking analgesics like Tylenol or Advil alleviate the pain? Are there certain positions or activities that make the pain worse? I know it is difficult to remain calm with HA—I'm presently dealing with a rather bad case of it myself right now—but try treating this pain like you would treat any benign muscle or nerve pain. Despite the fact that it is a new pain (in its location or intensity) it doesn't necessary mean it is the sign of something serious. Wait a week or two  to see if it subsides on its own, and also for you to figure out what exacerbates it or causes it. If you find that the pain persists or increases, do not hesitate to see the doctor. It might be that you'll need some stronger analgesics, anti inflammatory medication, or maybe physio to deal with the problem. 

Hang in there my friend, and please keep us posted. 

I broke down and googled. I am now self diagnosing myself. 😞 I am positive I have primary bone cancer. I hate that I live like this. 

How old are you? It's extremely rare to have primary bone cancer

Just now, liv07 said:

How old are you? It's extremely rare to have primary bone cancer

I am 35