Holls

Anxiety symptoms are really real. Here's some news to calm some

Hi all. I went to my second therapy session today. Wow love my therapist. I wish I could take her home with me lol.. how nice would that be. But anyway she had me fill out a few questions/tests today.. one was rating where I'm at with anxiety and an entire page was anxiety symptoms.. ex: do you have chest pains, chest tightness, lump in throat, jelly legs, muscle fatigue/weakness, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, dizziness, light headed

I wish that I had seen that sheet back in Feb when I had jelly legs, weak and fatigue muscles.. Bec I thought ALS not anxiety!!!!! Wow y'all.. I know we see it here there is a list on the forum but actually seeing it today as part of a test by a Dr it made me realize anxiety symptoms are really real!!!

I hope this post brings some comfort to people that have some of these symptoms and have a hard time seeing it for what they really are.... anxiety ❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️

• Like 6

Yea, when I was given the sheet that shows symptoms of Panic Disorder, I was like wow I have every symptom!

Made things more believable that I didn't have a disease, just anxiety.

• Like 1

That's great Holls! :) 

Have you not seen this beast of a list? 

• Like 3

Lol Gilly. Yes I did!!! It's crazy what anxiety and our minds can do. I'm starting to slowly see it all clearer. 

• Like 1

No matter how many times I see those lists, my brain is able to say, "Yeah, but, what if THIS time..." My husband always tells me that I have really only been diagnosed with one thing for all the years I have been dealing with this and that is anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. So it's probably just that acting up, not _____________ (colon/brain/lung/ovarian c*****, leukemia, ALS, heart failure, etc.).

I'm so glad your therapist seems well-suited to you! When there is a good match it is THE BEST feeling :)  Hope your work with them brings you lots of comfort and strength.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, enidoreilley said:

No matter how many times I see those lists, my brain is able to say, "Yeah, but, what if THIS time..." My husband always tells me that I have really only been diagnosed with one thing for all the years I have been dealing with this and that is anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. So it's probably just that acting up, not _____________ (colon/brain/lung/ovarian c*****, leukemia, ALS, heart failure, etc.).

I'm so glad your therapist seems well-suited to you! When there is a good match it is THE BEST feeling :)  Hope your work with them brings you lots of comfort and strength.

Thank you!!! 

Yes the what ifs are something else. My therapist says those are the thoughts that start the doubt and anxiety,  the what ifs and the oh no's,  I have what if's thoughts a million times a day lol. My mind is constantly running.. I look at calm people and wonder I wish I could hear your mind because mine is going 100mph. 

• Like 2

Holls so glad you like your therapist . That's so important. Thoughts can sure be brutal sometimes. Good luck with your therapy❤️

• Like 2