Blu74

Bleeding....ladies

This is sort of tmi but......got my period on July 28th, usually lasts for 5 days (I normally get it every 28 days)....yesterday was the 4th day (today the last).  It was on its way out yesterday, went to the usual brown spotting on toilet paper.  I thought it was fairly gone & tossed out my pad & went to bed without any pad or liner since it didn't seem like I needed it anymore.  Had sex late last night & woke up this morning to bright red blood on the toilet paper (large spot), which is now down to some maroon darker spotting only on toilet paper (very small spot), nothing on the pad I'm wearing, pad is clean nothing on it.   I have had this happen in the past but rarely, just when I think it's gone, have sex, then it makes a reappearance.  Anyone ever had this happen where sex seems to bring it back?   Just when you think it's gone and over....

About 2 or 3 months ago I had tests done because I had one instance of spotting in between periods (endometrial biopsy and transvaginal ultrasound and a regular ultrasound--all came back normal aside from some very small fibroids).  Technically it was the 4th day of my cycle going into the 5th so I'm still within that "period" time frame though it seemed to be over.   I also have soreness in the area where I had stitches after having  my son (though that was 12 years ago) and just on the inside of where those stitches used to be, when I wipe a bit deeper with toilet paper, is where some maroon blood shows up.  Not sure if it's leftover period blood or irritation...all my tests came back normal so not sure why I'm even concerned.  They looked at everything with those tests so I'm guessing whatever it is at this point is a nuisance. I'm guessing next cycle I need to wait a full week after my period is done just to be on the safe side.   Anyone ever get the reappearance of the dreaded period after sex just when you thought you were done with it?  I looked online to see if there were any sites or message boards addressing this but nothing specific popped up.  

OMG, I am having the inverse situation. I just finished period, had sex 3 days before it started, and it was very painful and bled. This has happened to me once or twice in the past 10 years. So, sex didn't bring it back for me, but preceded it slightly. I am HOPING it just has to do with cervical position around the time of menses.

If you've had recent ultrasounds and all was good, I think you are very safe and this is just one of those things. Maybe positional, hormonal, whatever.

I also, in the past 3 days, had a hemmorhoid pop up and it bled when I wiped. I have had hemmies before but never bleeding. I am a hot mess right now with constant BS happening. Then, this morning, my husband made eggs, and the smell gave me the most terrible morning sickness, like retching and I puked. I am not pregnant, am 45, and I am thinking in perimenopause as things are changing and I am beginning to lose hair in the shower. Could this be related in these sorts of instances? How old are you?

Yes had this happen a lot. I'm 37. It started at 35.. I asked my gyno and she said as we age our periods change. I also have had it were I thought my period was done and a day later bright red blood then brown then really gone. When you are so super regular and that changes it can be scary but after talking to the Dr it is very common. 

I ALWAYS bleed after sex up to a week before my periods is due to start and also a few days after it ends. My doctor told me this is absolutely normal and nothing to worry about. The uterine lining so very delectate at different stages of our cycles based on hormone fluctuations. Sex can cause small amounts to shed away prematurely. 

Being that you just had a full Gyn work up and all was normal there is nothing in the world to worry about. Literally nothing. 

16 hours ago, Holls said:

Yes had this happen a lot. I'm 37. It started at 35.. I asked my gyno and she said as we age our periods change. I also have had it were I thought my period was done and a day later bright red blood then brown then really gone. When you are so super regular and that changes it can be scary but after talking to the Dr it is very common. 

Very common, and it can get super crazy the older you get, oy! I'll be 46 at the end of the month and I just got my period, on day 18 of my cycle. It happened once last year, and it happened in January. In between it goes back to normal. I had to go running into town for some 'products' because I wasn't prepared. Fun times, NOT! 

• Like 1