Gilly

List Of Over 100 Anxiety Symptoms

Jonathan 

Thank you for your reply, today I had a good day I woke up normal went to the movies with my family. Went out to dinner as I was having dinner all of a sudden out of nowhere this weird feeling like I was going to get hot metal injected in me came over me with a cold pressure feeling on my chest, it all when downhill from there. i hurried up and ate and just wanted to get home. felt a weirdfeeling on my arms! On days like this when its going pretty well your not even thinking any negatives thoughts I feel i have conquered  any symptoms, but then all of a suddent it happens new symptom!! has this ever happened to anyone?? 

Yes indeed. 'Flash moments' that seem to come from nowhere and hit you so suddenly you are overwhelmed and want to rush to a safe place like home. When you are feeling good and that happens it's very, very disconcerting, to say the least. But nothing ever comes 'out of nowhere'. It always comes from somewhere.

If I use the word unconscious, do you know what I mean. I am NOT being patronising, but most people think of it as being asleep, not alive, not awake. No, it's always active, always present. It's all the stored memories in your mind; the childhood ones, the adult ones. Nothing is ever lost or forgotten. Now most of it can be recalled at any time into consciousness. Who you are, where you live etc. But a lot of it is not readily available. So when something 'triggers' an emotion the feelings and emotions appear but NOT the memory that caused those original emotions. So the feelings do seem to come 'out of the blue'. You are sitting having a meal. A plate falls to the ground that a waiter has dropped. Way back, as a child, this happened and it frightened you then. That emotion is 'triggered' by the plate falling; the sound of it, so suddenly you feel fearful and can't see why. As a child the mind repressed the memory because it was too painful, too frightening to bear. It protected itself my doing that. But it was not forgotten but stored away. As an adult the falling plate is something to laugh at, but is was not to the child.

It's important that when this happens you don't go looking for reasons. You stand your ground and go on with what you are doing. You ACCEPT the feelings for what they are, only feelings. I know, they can be frightening and awful, but if you retreat before them then you will have to come back and do it all again until you realise that it IS only feelings that won't harm you.

This understanding is not easy to accept because we have no direct contact with our unconscious mind. Only in dreams and emotions does it reveal itself. Never retreat in the face of anxiety. STOP, deep breaths and let the feelings come. Adrenaline has a limited life. It will always die down if you don't add fear to fear.                       Jon.

• Like 2

Hello

I wanted to see who has read Claire Weekes books? I read a book and started the next in audio, i was 5 days anxiety free no symptoms and today it just hit me, I hate it!!! If anyone has tried her method accept, float and let time pass who has tried it and has been successful? Im desperate??

Yes I use her method,  I have her books and audio.  Your not giving it enough time.   5 days is a tiny amount of time.   You have to persistent,  accept the setbacks,  use them to your advantage.   Anxiety doesn't just disappear once you have started this method, your brain has to rewire which takes time.   Be patient,  be determined,  be willing to accept everything anxiety throws at you.   You are nervously anticipating anxieties return with fear which brings forth anxiety. Setbacks are good

Thanks for your response Mark G

The 5 days i had symptom free was before I started readint the books. I just started 3 days ago and got the audio yesterday just wanted to know if it really works and how long will it take and will ur anxiety be gone forever or just temporarily. I really dont want to rely on medication I have a bottle of Lexapro i was prescribed in Dec but I dont want to take it. Im doing Yoga, mediation, bootcamp, reading, and hypnotherapy and reading forums

just wanted to know if it really works and how long will it take and will ur anxiety be gone forever or just temporarily.

Oh it works, it most certainly works.  How long will it take?  It will take as long as it takes, don't assign a time limit, that will only create frustration down the road.  We are all different and we will all recover in different timeframes.  Will it be gone forever? It will be gone for as long as you no longer care about it and for as long as you no longer fear it.  You will get to the point where it really doesn't bother you whether it is there or not, it's an habituation to it, it no longer matters.

Thanks so much for posting this. In the middle of a dire panic attack right now and logging on and seeing this made me feel much better.

Hello Everyone

Its been a while since I posted. I wanted to give you a follow up. Its been a month that ive been better less symptoms ive learned to let it float. my thoughts are no longer fear all day 24/7 now I just let it float. But what ive noticed is i get little weird sensation in my body. or like electric waves on my head very small that go thru the body i let it float but the feeling in my body last a while. has anyone felt this before. hard to explain. Am I still sensitive? i know 1 month is not enough but im trying will I ever fully recover? I have been cleared by neuro, cardio, fam doc, but sometimes i think what if? not all the time!! I was born w a cyst even tho neuro said its ok and my symptoms are not caused by that, i still wonder or is it the anxiety? urggg so frustrating

Hi. There. Now the first part of your post is fantastic. WOW! one month and you have learned to float. Now that's real good, but try not to be impatient. A month is nothing in anxiety.

Am I still sensitive? i know 1 month is not enough but im trying will I ever fully recover? I have been cleared by neuro, cardio, fam doc, but sometimes i think what if?

Yes, definitely.  A month is far too soon to desensitise. Will you ever recover? Well, what are you doing now? Aren't you on the way? Of course you are. All the medical checks have been done so now it just ((!!!!)) the anxiety to be overcome. Oh I know only too well what I'm saying. Been there!

I have been cleared by neuro, cardio, fam doc, but sometimes i think what if?

Ho Ho!!, the 'What If's and the OMG's, familiar friends indeed. THAT is anxiety talking. Don't listen. He's a fraudster a swindler, an illusionist and a real bad lot. He works hand in hand with Dr. Google to put the frighteners on you. Have nothing to do with him. Kick his butt!! Don't let him bluff you. YOU are in charge not him!

By what you say I would suggest you are well on your way. Keep at it.          Best wishes.      Jon.

Hello Jonathan

thanks for your reply, question are you fully recovered? or do you still get symptoms here and there? did you ever use meds? today I had more sympyoms than usual but i let it float.. im positive i will iver come it

Hi. Fully recovered? an interesting question which brings us to temperament. Yours and my temperament are such that we may be subject to anxious thoughts. Now that's not saying that need always be so, but it usually is. I prefer the term 'management' to 'recovery'. You can manage your anxiety so that it no longer affects your life. So you can function and be happy. Now setbacks do occur and we have to be able to cope when they do. Most of us are often thrown into despair when that happens, but if we practise once again what we have learned, Acceptance, then the setbacks become less and less able to frighten us.  FACE. ACCEPT. FLOAT. LET TIME PASS.

We are an impatient lot. We want to be well yesterday, and why not. But it doesn't work that way. Time, more time. Meds! I made the big mistake of going it alone when I could have saved myself a lot of suffering. I have no problem with short term medication; it helps calm the mind so you can think clearly about your situation. But only from your GP. Counselling is so useful if you can get it. Yes, you will overcome so remain positive. Good thoughts about yourself. Keep on with the acceptance. It does work given time.       Jon.

Hi. Jenna. Have you been welcomed to the site? If not, welcome. :).

I don't use meds so have no idea what has that effect. But I do believe that a normal brain will function well without medication if the mind is thinking properly and in order. The brain takes orders from the mind. The brain is only another organ that enables us to live, move around and function. The mind is something else. Controversial? Yep!! Sure is. But it's only theory that fits the facts, at least to me. But then what so called 'therapeutic' methods are not based on someone's theory? The mind is very complex with its conscious and unconscious aspects. You may liken the brain to a computer programmed by the mind. If the wrong information is fed in then the wrong answers come out.

I hope you get some good info from the site. Good luck.     Jon.

Hello JennaLadybug

Im with Jonathan, I dont take any meds either even in my darkest time I thought i needed them but refused. Have you done any therapy, exercise, yoga, meditation, massages, read Claire weakes books and reading this forum has helped me a lot 

Yeah! I'm not entirely against medication, prescribed by your doctor, but I feel it should be short term and used like a crutch when you break a leg. Throw it away when the leg heals. Yes, you're right, there's' a lot you can do to self help, especially good reading. This site helps too because you know you are not alone. Feeling alone is a major problem when we begin anxiety. BUT, we are never alone as we all know here.

I have lot of friends 'out there' but none of them understand as my mates on here. So thank you guys.        Jon.

Hi Jon

Im relapsing which is ok im thinking positive but I hate it! Did you ever experience hot flashes that even ykur toes and feet sweat? it starts from the head down to ir toes? 

Oh yeah!! Had the lot. You name it I had it. In fact I used to go looking for it. Honest!  No Dr. Google then, thank god, just a load of ignoramuses who kept telling me I would never get over it; 'pull yourself together' etc, etc. What rubbish! Looking back there were three people who saved my life. My dear old therapist, my dear wife and a spiritual lady who gave such good advice and help. Of course, not one of them charged a penny! All those so called 'professionals' I went to and spent a lot of money on helped hardly at all. There's a moral there somewhere!! This site is run by people who have compassion because they know. You have to have been there to know, and so many speak from ignorance because they have never experienced anxiety. Before we can talk about anything in life with authority we need to have experienced it. Yes, it does stink, but it can also be a redeeming experience, part of a journey into ourselves that we often badly need.         Jon.

Jon I want to thank you for your feedback even tho im relapsing I think a lot has to do with my daughters sweet 15th party im throwing next week. I just let it float but im getting symptoms back. I have a question are you fully 100% recovered and have set backs? or how long did it take you to at least feel somewhat normal? 

At this moment im not seeing any professionals nor meds I talk to a couple of friends who have had anxiety maybe not as bad as i do but they understand and I continue with yoga, meditaion, bootcamp and walking and just trying to think positive. I have been wanting to try kickboxing i heard thats really good for stress! I dont have a support systemy so im on my own. Im going to have anothrt hypnotherapy session again

Hi AS. Well, comparisons are difficult. Everyone suffers in his or her own way. It took two years of therapy to put me anywhere near right, but that was because I became interested in the process and trained in counselling. It need not take anywhere near that for most people provided they go about it in the right way. Am I right now?  Now an answer to that does depend on the temperament of those who ask. We sufferers have a different temperament to those who don't, and thank God for that. We care, and that's what often lands us in trouble.  We care too much.

I do have setbacks and always will, but I cope by accepting how I feel and not adding the 'OMG's' and the 'What If's'. Learned that error long ago! It can be done without medication, although meds can help in the beginning. Any form of help is useful and meditation and Yoga are fine. But, at least to me, good counselling can't be beaten. Hypnotherapy? Well, I have never been entirely happy with that. I believe we have to be fully conscious and aware of what's happening, BUT, I have seen people have good results, so if it suits you go for it but make sure the practitioner is competent and fully trained.            Good luck.       Jon. 

You can train your brain to stay calm and look at life from a more positive perspective.

What you can do:

Ask yourself if the problem is solvable
Challenge the reality of anxious thoughts
Accept uncertainty
Be aware of how others affect you
Focus on the present rather than the past or future
Confine your worrying to one time period during the day

If you are not able to control your mind, consult with your health counselor!

A Healthy Diet Can Help Treat Anxiety

I am a believer our diet has an effect on us in all areas of our lives including our mental health.  What we eat affects us and how we are feeling influences what we eat! Have you ever had a bad day or felt stressed out and go for the junk food? I’ve had to learn to stop myself and ask “Why am I eating right now?” If I’m not hungry, I realize I’m using the food to cope with my anxiety. Unfortunately, those foods we go to when we are anxious or stressed are often the foods that make the anxiety worse!  A healthy diet can relieve stress symptoms (along with getting enough sleep and exercise). A poor diet can actually affect our brains chemistry.

If you are wanting help with depression, anxiety, relationship issues, work problems, grief, substance abuse or even a life change but don’t know where to start getting help, visit http://www.livingwell.online/

On 3/13/2015 at 6:27 PM, ford88 said:

I'm completely new to all of this...but I just need advice or insight...about 5 months ago I lost my mom...she died of liver failure, fast..went to er on a Saturday she was gone by Monday...she never knew she was sick...since then I have had an ever growing, nonstop fear of being deathly ill. I have been to the doctor for the anxiety, he gave me citalopram and its helped with my normal anxiety. I've had a headache for what seems like 2 months almost nonstop and he doesn't think its anything, and even though I trust his opinion I still fear something else is really going on. I work myself up to a point where my health is all I think about. My head,neck, stomach etc. I don't know what to do, I can't keep doing this, its driving me and my close ones insane. I just want advice or someone to tell me if they think something really is wrng or if I'm just experiencing horrible health anxiety

Anyone feel like their anxiety persists 24/7 for weeks or months? Mine seems to be dizziness and headache. Sometimes blurred vision too. I keep thinking there's something really wrong with me but I've had tests done and doctors say anxiety. I feel like this isn't normal. Any advice would be great! I just want to know if this normal. 

HI Samash,  Welcome to the forum.

I think all our symptoms are different.  I know my health fear is from not being able to control real illnesses that could reappear any day and kill me.  Or not. 

In the last few weeks I've seen a couple of people complain of dizziness, headaches and yukky vision and we determined with most of them that it was sinus and allergies.  I used to take Sudaphed very often but it can raise BP and cause anxiety so I only use it when I have severe vertigo from sinus problems. 

Under Health Anxiety, why not start a thread on your symptoms and how long you've had them.  I'm sure you'll get some answers.  Many members are in the U.K. and other time zones than me so they're heading to bed now. 

Welcome again and hope we can help you,

Diane

I have always been an anxious person, but since the beginning of the year my anxiety has worsened.  Today I felt "normal" that is until my face starting burning. Thank goodness I clicked on this link instead of WEBMD, I feel a huge weight lifted. :)

I thought I'd just revisit this list of symptoms since I seem to be having anxiety pretty much lately. This helped me to see that what I am experiencing is indeed anxiety, although I should know by now but been some years since I have dealt with the heart stuff and lately that has started back up. :(

This was helpful to see the list again for reassurance.