Walking Circles

Really kind of out there now, Sporadic Fatal Insomnia?

For the past few days I have had a heck of a time getting to sleep. I would lay down at like 4:00 in the AM and not fall asleep until after 5. For the past week or so I have been sleeping in two phases, the first one I got to bed around 4 and will be asleep by 5. I will get up around 10:30 or 11:00, go back to bed around 12, then get up at around 3 or 3:30 in the afternoon. 

This seemed to all have started after my son had a couple of days in a row where he didn't go to sleep until 4 in the AM. He would sleep until like 3 in the afternoon. I would wake up at like 10:30 or 11, stay up an hour then sleep until 3 in the afternoon or so. 

The days where I just lay there for an hour or more until I got to sleep really worry me. I have Central Sleep Apnea, and normally it doesn't take me any time to get to sleep. Typically like 10 or 15 minutes tops. 

I remembered that this disease existed the other day and now I'm really concerned. I know that most commonly it is a genetic disease that only occurs in around 50 known families world wide, but apparently there is a sporadic form that was identified in 1999, that has a couple dozen cases known. 

1 hour ago, bin_tenn said:

Nope, we all have trouble sleeping sometimes. No worries.

You know I really appreciate the easy, straightforward way you put things. For someone who over thinks the way I do it really is what I need sometimes.

1 hour ago, Walking Circles said:

You know I really appreciate the easy, straightforward way you put things. For someone who over thinks the way I do it really is what I need sometimes.

Haha, no problem. Sometimes that's what we need. I needed it many times, and it always helped to get that kind of response.

I just had a bout of insomnia, it lasted for 2 weeks! Couldn't sleep at night at all, would fall asleep in the mornings. It just stopped last night and it was wonderful to go back to a normal rhythm. 

Like Bin said: Yup, we all have that sometimes. It will pass! To great days and nights:)

• Like 1

I have just had/having a bout too which is very unlike me. Must be something in the air, maybe the weather changes or the unrest going on in the world. We're sensitive souls us anxiety sufferers, I think logically it's perfectly understandable but oh don't we have to jump to some drastic scenario? Yup! lol

• Like 2