rrleeder

Crawling out of my skin / crying spells 24/7

I am in some serious need of support here.. im crawling out of my skin.. crying almost all day.. i wake up shaking every morning like my insides are vibrating.. ive tried every med possible the docs dont know what to do anymore.  Im scared theres no hope for me.. which is making, me very depressed.. please i need someone thats as bad as me to give me some hope please.. i beg you anyone out there

HI :) You're not going crazy. You're going to be ok. What you are describing is very , very common among anxious people. We have all been through it to one extent or another.  Vibrating inside........check.  Skin crawling...........check.  

• Like 1

Have you read this post? I recommend it to every one who has symptoms that scare them. Once you see how ' common and normal' they are, you won't be as afraid.

I've been in your shoes too and I'm on medication now so I don't have those feelings.  I did do a lot of crying over Mother's Day though, missing my mom and two of my three children but those were grief tears.  It's best to get them out than to hold them in.  I would try meditation CD's to calm yourself, I used them during my worst days and they helped me.  I came out of the way you are feeling and you will too.  Try not dwelling on negative things and do some deep breathing.  Take care

1 hour ago, rrleeder said:

I am in some serious need of support here.. im crawling out of my skin.. crying almost all day.. i wake up shaking every morning like my insides are vibrating.. ive tried every med possible the docs dont know what to do anymore.  Im scared theres no hope for me.. which is making, me very depressed.. please i need someone thats as bad as me to give me some hope please.. i beg you anyone out there

I've been there, this does not have to last forever. Make a plan and be kind to yourself, take it all one step at a time. Have you had any counselling or therapy as well as the meds? Medication can be a great help but it doesn't always work for everyone, especially if the root of the anxiety isn't addressed. 

There is hope, please believe that!

Im on medication.. lexapro 15mgs.. remron 15mgs . N klonopin .5mgs 2x a day.  But ive been on the klonopin so long that i have a tolerence to it.. n refuse to go up on it bc its an addictive nasty drug.. ive tried every drug known to man it just gives me relief but with nasty unwanted side effects.. but does the shaking ever stop.. this goes on most of the day.. its not that im scared of it.. im past that point.. its just uncomfortable n wanna feel calm n peace.. im scared i will never get better.. im in therapy right now.. doing dialetic behavioral the rapy kinda like cbt but a different spin on it.. i just want it to go away.. why is this happening to me.. im so depressed over this.. 

25 minutes ago, JOYCICLE said:

HI :) You're not going crazy. You're going to be ok. What you are describing is very , very common among anxious people. We have all been through it to one extent or another.  Vibrating inside........check.  Skin crawling...........check.  

How do i stop it..? Is it gonna last forever?  Ive tried tons of meds.. nothing works

I have noticed that a lot of people who try meds end up with unwanted side effects  like you are describing.  All I can say to that is that myself  and a few others on here have not taken meds and seem to manage as well as or better than some who do. That's  a decision for you and your doctor. 

Yes, it gets better. No , it's not forever.  

Hey there sorry you're going through this.You mentioned you have built a tolerance to benzo's. I go through the same thing occasionally. I work with my doctor to taper down when it gets to that point. Maybe get back into the doctor for some med adjustments.Definitely not saying meds are the answer but maybe it will help you  to get level again and pursue alternatives. You will be ok:)

25 minutes ago, JOYCICLE said:

I have noticed that a lot of people who try meds end up with unwanted side effects  like you are describing.  All I can say to that is that myself  and a few others on here have not taken meds and seem to manage as well as or better than some who do. That's  a decision for you and your doctor. 

Yes, it gets better. No , it's not forever.  

I dont want anymore drugs im over that.. theres no cure in a pill.. how do u get thru this without any help.. im so jealous.. i wish i was that strong

10 minutes ago, Lucid said:

Hey there sorry you're going through this.You mentioned you have built a tolerance to benzo's. I go through the same thing occasionally. I work with my doctor to taper down when it gets to that point. Maybe get back into the doctor for some med adjustments.Definitely not saying meds are the answer but maybe it will help you  to get level again and pursue alternatives. You will be ok:)

ou tapper down when u get a tolerence doesnt that make ur anxiety worse?

3 minutes ago, rrleeder said:

I dont want anymore drugs im over that.. theres no cure in a pill.. how do u get thru this without any help.. im so jealous.. i wish i was that strong

Trust me when I say I am not without anxiety.  But you and I both have it right? And you have added symptoms from medications that I do not have. SO it's just a preference.  I also feel like ' how can i fight it if i cannot feel it'......so if I numb down the symptoms with meds, how is that any different than the years I spent drinking it away?

I  have several videos you can watch that may help. I'm also going to be in the chat room for most of the day I hope. After you've seen that guy above, you can try this one.

And here is a great and rambling thread which you may or may not want to read but the videos inside it are amazingly helpful.

17 minutes ago, JOYCICLE said:

Trust me when I say I am not without anxiety.  But you and I both have it right? And you have added symptoms from medications that I do not have. SO it's just a preference.  I also feel like ' how can i fight it if i cannot feel it'......so if I numb down the symptoms with meds, how is that any different than the years I spent drinking it away?

I as well spent years drinking it away.. it was alot easier to numb then deal with this.. i wanna go back to drinking im 2 years sober this july

Have you seen a counselor or therapist? That's where the real relief is! 

1 hour ago, rrleeder said:

ou tapper down when u get a tolerence doesnt that make ur anxiety worse?

Short term yes.For me personally it takes a week or two of tapering to a lower dose before I'm alright regarding tolerance. And I agree completely if you can manage things without medication then do it.:)Please do yourself a favor though and don't completely drop your meds.Talk to the doc about tapering down if that's the best route for you. Gl:)

Just now, Lucid said:

Short term yes.For me personally it takes a week or two of tapering to a lower dose before I'm alright regarding tolerance. And I agree completely if you can manage things without medication then do it.:)Please do yourself a favor though and don't completely drop your meds.Talk to the doc about tapering down if that's the best route for you. Gl:)

Ill never come off my antidepressant ive been on since im 15 im now 36.. my brain would go ape shit.. but klonopin is definitely being tappered.. but i feel like i need to be in a more stable place before that happens.. my anxiety is crazy.. n im going thru a divorce so.. i dont need to add to the mess.. im planning on doing the ashton method with valium.. i went thru a rapid detox once before off 2mgs of klonopin it was the worst hell ive ever experienced n went on for 8 weeks.. then i reinstated on 1 mg of klonopin a day..i dont care if it takes me 3 years to ween of benzos.. ill never do it fast again

10 minutes ago, JOYCICLE said:

Have you seen a counselor or therapist? That's where the real relief is! 

I need more distraction in my life.. but i need motivation.. n when depression is working against you too its hard.. n i really dont have much depression it just comes from not having this anxiety under control

Just my advice and I'm definitely not a doctor lol.Try everything from reading to yoga and everything in between. Every little bit helps and is another tool for you to use. Pushing back against depression is rough but you can do it.I'm 38 myself and I did the cold turkey thing when I was younger so I can definitely relate. It's really tough to give advice because there really isn't a one size fits all answer. 

• Like 1

Quitting any meds cold turkey can be dangerous.  But the other options like yoga, exercise, walking, diet........ they work!  They help a lot. I used to roll my eyes at the exercise but its' actually helpful. You don't have to go join a gym and do 2 hrs a day to just be more active. Sunlight and moving around a little more can take a lot of pressure off of the mind :)