Sign in to follow this  
Gracie4ever

Another rabies fear. Please help.

I so wish I could just get over this, but it caused me multiple meltdowns today.  For people who haven't read my other posts, bats live on my porch.  Like in the roof I guess.  So I went outside to go down the steps and I felt this stinging/burning pain on the back of my legs.  I didnt look behind me till I got down the steps, so that would have given time for the bat to go away,  even though I didn't see it when I first came out.  And my dad was right behind me.  And I read online that bat bites feel like needle pricks.  Then later this evening I looked on the back of my legs(I can't see it very well) is a closer of several dots/bumps that could be a bat bite.  I am so scared because none of my parents will listen to me or look at it and tell me. This has happened so many times this week because of my anxiety. I am scared already going out onto the porch, so could my anxiety be manifesting the pain and the marks be from something random since I didnt see a bat?  Unless it snuck up behind me.  This fear is just so scary because it causes imminent death. Please help. I just don't know what else could cause a stinging pain..

Also I just came outside from being out in the dark, where bats lurk. And all the sudden I have a stinging little scratch on my leg that I have no idea where it came from. Could that be from a bat?

14 hours ago, Gracie4ever said:

Also I just came outside from being out in the dark, where bats lurk. And all the sudden I have a stinging little scratch on my leg that I have no idea where it came from. Could that be from a bat?

I think that this is something you are very afraid of happening. So when you do go outside it's what you are thinking about.. and every sound, and feeling is scaring you and you automatically go to it being a bat instead of maybe a mosquito bite or a simple rash etc. 

I'm a parent and the reason they won't talk to you about it is.. they know there is nothing wrong. If your parents thought you were in harm's way they would be taking care of it.. they aren't so be reassured by this. 

We have bats here too.. I see them when I'm walking the neighborhood or riding my bike.  I never think or see them as a threat.. they eat mosquitoes so for us they are a help. Maybe try to look at them diff to help in your fears.. 

I'm sorry you had a rough day over this.. you are ok.. and we know it and so does your parents. Smile and know you are ok. 

• Like 1

Hi 

I dealt with this very fear for years and still get the occasional hiccup. First a bat will not attack humans like you every time I went outside at night every little thing I felt on my skin I thought a bat got me. I decided to educate myself on them and their behavior and I recommend you google Bat Conservation Center. They have an informative website and if you contact them you can talk to a bat expert. Trust me I called a few times just for reassurance. They are located in Cranford Il and the staff is wonderful at dealing with your fears. 

I highly doubt a bat bit you, maybe a mosquito, but surely not a bat. Rabies would have some nasty symptoms. I think you are letting this get to you when it should not! You are fine!!!!! :)