Okay so I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. It started when I was about 15? I would read words backwards. Never understood why I started doing this.. Well overtime it developed into anything even weirder. I count the syllables in a word read the normal way. For example, my name, Anthony has 3 syllables. Read backwards, Ynohtna, it still has 3 syllables. So somehow in my mind I figure it as a 6 syllable word. I take sentences and do the same thing, and try to make the syllable count be a multiple of 10. Nobody ever realizes I'm doing it cuz it's all done in my head. Also, I tend to repeat what I just said to somebody under my breath for unknown reasons. When I see a light (headlights, streetlights, flashlights, lamps, etc) i look at it and move my eyes to make patterns out of it. All these things are habits that I can't break no matter what I do. 

Edited by Anthony
Misspelled word

I break everything down into 4's - because 4 is a safe number in my mind for some reason, easily and fairly divided into halves that are also even... I count the words in songs, tapping them out on my fingers, hoping the lyrics end in a number divisible by four. I count steps in my head. I'm always counting! It started when I was nine, and I have no idea why. You're not alone! 

I suppose I should add that I was officially diagnosed OCD when I was 25, and am now 43. I knew much sooner that I had OCD, although the anxiety spiked in my later years.